Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlsbery Comedy Carnival 22, 23,24 & 25 July 2010

Options
  • 11-06-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

www.carlsbergcomedy.com

Didn't see a thread for this yet so thought I'd throw it up.

Anyone heading along?

I'm thinking Des Bishop, Natasha Leggero, MC Eric Lalor on the 22nd.

Would love to go to Jason Byrne, Jason Manford, MC PJ Gallagher just to see Manford.. but the missus absolutely detests Byrne so I don't know if it's gonna happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

connundrum wrote: »
    www.carlsbergcomedy.com

Didn't see a thread for this yet so thought I'd throw it up.

Anyone heading along?

I'm thinking Des Bishop, Natasha Leggero, MC Eric Lalor on the 22nd.

Would love to go to Jason Byrne, Jason Manford, MC PJ Gallagher just to see Manford.. but the missus absolutely detests Byrne so I don't know if it's gonna happen.

Haha thats the exact reason I've been humming and hawing over that show in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

David O Doherty and Bo Burnham for me. Looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

No real international acts is what i'm seeing,

Would have liked something different like

Penn and Teller who played in london

Chris Rock again, tickets sold out too quick last time

Billy Connolly - Still touring or just acting now?

Conan o Brian would've been great had he done a few internationals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm going to see Reg D Hunter on friday. Love him on the UK panel shows (8 out of 10 cats et al) and so am looking forward to this. Wanted to see Jason Manford but think I'm going to wait till next year. He was meant to be playing 2 vicar street dates in march but theyve been postponed till the following september due to his new co-presenting job on the one show (very odd show for him imo).

Also, would bloody love it if Conan did a show here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I went to see Jarlath Regan, Arj Barker and Maeve Higgins last night. I was fupping brilliant, I love all three of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Went to see PJ Gallagher and Jim Jeffries Thursday. Great show but some prick in the audience pissed off Jeffries and he didn't finish his last joke and gave her dogs abuse.

Then seen Emo Phillips and Ardal O'Hanlon last night. Again I enjoyed it but I was dying to see Phillips as I think he's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

allanb49 wrote: »
    No real international acts is what i'm seeing,

Would have liked something different like

Penn and Teller who played in london

Chris Rock again, tickets sold out too quick last time

Billy Connolly - Still touring or just acting now?

Conan o Brian would've been great had he done a few internationals

Emo Phillips is at this isn't he? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Saw Karl Spain, it was his first headline and he was crap. Really disappointing.

Some guy I'd never heard of before, Glenn Wool. He was funny but a bit boring cause he just gave out about the recession, bankers and religion. Bit predictable.

The best was the MC Colin Murphy :D He was just brilliant, had tears rolling down my face. He just seems so down to earth and naturally funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Anyone see Maeve Higgins??
    I love her any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

sisco wrote: »
    Anyone see Maeve Higgins??
    I love her any good??

As I said above I saw her on Thursday. I was crying with laughter. She definitely doesn't have a 'polished' set, which I can understand some people find annoying. But I just thought she was hilarious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement