Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Punditry Gold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

CorkMan wrote: »
    Just the body language involved. Seedork was in the middle of Hansen and Shearer, and Lineker passed the comment to him, it was in the studio and he said did you have a good time "out there". You could tell Lineker was being smart.

If ye can find it online ye would know better.

Wow, are you seriously trying to make fun of Clarence by calling him a dork?

I demand you take that back. You bloody racist hypocrite. You only said that because he's black.

:rolleyes:

Lineker asked him if he enjoyed himself playing ball, that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Wow, are you seriously trying to make fun of Clarence by calling him a dork?

I demand you take that back. You bloody racist hypocrite. You only said that because he's black.

Lineker asked him if he enjoyed himself playing ball, that is all.

ok, lets leave this as it is. If Lineker gets the sack for calling Seedork a dutch n****r live on MOTD on Tuesday, we can agree then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

On the BBC Seedorf played a charity match in South Africa and Hudson, Shearer, Lineker and of course Seedorf were on the show.

After the BBC showed it Lineker said to see Seedorf in the studio "Did you enjoy yourself out there?" Bit of racism there IMO.

Go away, that was nothing remotely racist.

I saw that clip, it was every bit as unoffensive as any reasonable person would interpret from your quote above "Did you enjoy yourself out there?", to a retired footballer .

Racism occurs when you judge black and white people differently because of their skin colour - the only person doing this here is you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ok, lets leave this as it is. If Lineker gets the sack for calling Seedork a dutch n****r live on MOTD on Tuesday, we can agree then.

STFU, you're making a show of yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Why don't you make a thread about. Talking sh ite as normal. I saw that comment and you'd trying to make it into something. Nothing in it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

presumably you will be the only one able to tell that is what he really meant when he raises an eyebrow in a quizzical fashion? Do let us all know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Just the body language involved. Seedork was in the middle of Hansen and Shearer, and Lineker passed the comment to him, it was in the studio and he said did you have a good time "out there". You could tell Lineker was being smart.

If ye can find it online ye would know better.

LOL racist comment!!?? "out there" is a football term used by many pundits as in out there on the pitch. How you can think its a racist comment is beyond me! :confused:

And its seedorf! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

George Hamilton: “All roads from this World Cup seem to lead to Wigan Athletic.”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

George Hamilton: “All roads from this World Cup seem to lead to Wigan Athletic.”

Bit of racism there.

*rolls eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

what if he got the sack for calling him a smug git

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

x PyRo wrote: »
    Bit of racism there.

*rolls eyes*

:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Dunphy on van Bommel

"This guy has rampaged through the World Cup, kicking everything that moves and kicking things that don't move until they do move"
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Dunphy on van Bommel

"This guy has rampaged through the World Cup, kicking everything that moves and kicking things that don't move until they do move"
    :D

Giles: Or until they cant move anymore....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Bilbo : "Schneider has been a surprise in this World Cup"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ha.

(Dunphy talking about rogue decisions hurting the game)

Bill: "John, are you hurt by what you've seen?"

I found the way Bill asked that hilarious. Like a Partridge moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Giles: "I think if the Spanish line out like I think they should, then I think they'll beat Spain"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Dunphy re: Dutch Keeper - "Their keeper is a liability. He's certainly not the Bank of England"

Giles: "I think he's more like Anglo Irish Bank, Eamonn."

Probably the best quote of the tournament so far for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They have the Apres match team scribbling stuff during the games I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Dunphy re: Dutch Keeper - "Their keeper is a liability. He's certainly not the Bank of England"

Giles: "I think he's more like Anglo Irish Bank, Eamonn."

Probably the best quote of the tournament so far for me.

meh

better than "The lads in the 'Joy have asked to be put back in their cells"? I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Giles: "I think if the Spanish line out like I think they should, then I think they'll (Germany) beat Spain"

:pac:

I think the bit in brackets was implied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hamilton had a good one last night.....

"Holland are the only unbeaten team remaining in the competition, of those that are still in it"

There was no need for the last bit George, I think it's fairly obvious that any team that is not in the competition has lost their unbeaten record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Hamilton had a good one last night.....

"Holland are the only unbeaten team remaining in the competition, of those that are still in it"

There was no need for the last bit George, I think it's fairly obvious that any team that is not in the competition has lost their unbeaten record.

Nope, New Zealand were unbeaten if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Haha Eamon's had Spain's babies. Some man for one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I think that Hamilton said they were the only team who had won all their games that was left in the WC. Sure Uruguay were unbeaten up until last night as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

"they could be a bit scratchy" - Giles

what does that mean like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Giles really doesn't like Van Bommell.

And Dunphy reckons the final will be a good game. Must make a note of this post for half time on Sunday when he says he knew it would be poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Giles really doesn't like Van Bommell.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of them repeating themselves about Van Bommell....and isn't Giles not cut from the same cloth as Van Bommell??...a bit hypocritical I think

flanzer wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm getting sick of them repeating themselves about Van Bommell....and isn't Giles not cut from the same cloth as Van Bommell??...a bit hypocritical I think

Giles was a classy player who could also kick you. Van Bommel can kick you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Bill - "he really got on your nerves, this particularly inparticular!" LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

eamon: "torres is like a drunk who needs a drink" referring to his lack of goals.

i laughed anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Eamon: "Torres hasn't got a goal in months.. he's like a drunk who needs a drink" :)

df1985 wrote: »
    eamon: "torres is like a drunk who needs a drink" referring to his lack of goals.

i laughed anyways!

Dunphy must see Torres when he checks himself out in the mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bonerm wrote: »
    Dunphy must see Torres when he checks himself out in the mirror?

yeah there was a cheeky smile from him as he said it, giles smiled over too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Bill "And what will happen to Spain then (if Holland don't allow them as much possession as Germany did) ??"

Giles "They might lose Bill" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

I love the rte commentators inappropriate pauses

"Hans Jorg-Butt getting a feel of the ball, the sixth oldest German ever...

...to play in the world cup"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can't believe there's almost 20 pages in this thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Good man Dunphy, for talking about how Spain has a lot of flaws.

O' Herlihy just said:

"Everyone wants Spain to win because of the way they play".... what a load of crap. I want Netherlands to win as do many neutrals!!!!! Netherlands play WAYYY more attractive football than Spain, who were only just lucky on a couple of occasions.

Giles came in talking about how Spain are some sort of artistic geniuses, saying that he hopes they win, while Holland are some kind of ruffians and brute-force type of players.

Nonsense of the highest order, Spain pass it a lot and have the most expensive players... that's no reason to think they'll win and certainly no reason to hope they'll win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

O' Herlihy just said:

"Everyone wants Spain to win because of the way they play".... what a load of crap. I want Netherlands to win as do many neutrals!!!!! Netherlands play WAYYY more attractive football than Spain, who were only just lucky on a couple of occasions.

Giles came in talking about how Spain are some sort of artistic geniuses, saying that he hopes they win, while Holland are some kind of ruffians and brute-force type of players.

Nonsense of the highest order, Spain pass it a lot and have the most expensive players... that's no reason to think they'll win and certainly no reason to hope they'll win.

I completely disagree with everything you just said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I completely disagree with everything you just said

He's right, Spain are completely over rated. Wow look they can pass across the field in-front of the defence. Rarely do they have the cutting edge which is shown by their goal tally.

Chippy wants Webb to start showing red cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

The boys are going on the "Holland are evil" theme, poor little attractive Spain are intimidated.

Bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

'Could have killed a man'
    Always good for the hyperbole, Eamo.

"Van Bommel just killed a man
    Put a foot against his head
    Split his bonce
    Now he's dead"

etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

O' Herlihy just said:

Well I think on the basis of that first half your theory has gone out the window.

And your just wrong about pretty much everything else in your post.

Holland have been like 1990 Ireland in this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

*wrong thread reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

RTE are obsessed with themselves. I want to see the celebrations but they feel those old fools in the studio are more important. Its the World Cup, the greatest sporting event on the planet, not the RTE studio featuring the World Cup Final which is what they started to think of themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

tdv123 wrote: »
    Well I think on the basis of that first half your theory has gone out the window.

And your just wrong about pretty much everything else in your post.

Holland have been like 1990 Ireland in this match.

Don't be completely STUPID. Ireland in 1990 were playing extremely defensively, Holland had tons of chances, they had more clear-cut chances than Spain. Spain may have had more possession, because they were doing nothing with the possession.

Spain are the team that can barely score a goal to save their lives. Even when Holland were down to ten men today they were still pressing hard to win.

Do you think Ireland were like that in the last 20 minutes of normal time? Your opinion is wrong.
    RTE are obsessed with themselves. I want to see the celebrations but they feel those old fools in the studio are more important. Its the World Cup, the greatest sporting event on the planet, not the RTE studio featuring the World Cup Final which is what they started to think of themselves.

Of course. Liam Brady was saying that "it would be a dark day for football if Netherlands won".... what a disgraceful clown of a man he is.

Giles as well is starting to lose it with love for Spain, as if Spain were the good guys and Netherlands were villains.

Dunphy should know better, and does, but can't resist a bit of trolling along the same lines even though he knows it's extremly over-exaggerated what they're saying about Netherlands and negativity, tackling, refereeing. I think it's a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Of course. Liam Brady was saying that "it would be a dark day for football if Netherlands won".... what a disgraceful clown of a man he is.
    That was a particularly poor comment from Brady. Both teams were as bad tonight. You can't adopt a one eyed approach to your analysis.

Advertisement