Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Punditry Gold.

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Emmo is making Giles out to be rambo altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Aidric wrote: »
    That was a particularly poor comment from Brady. Both teams were as bad tonight. You can't adopt a one eyed approach to your analysis.

I think it's out of line for O' Herlihy as well to be saying things like "everyone wanted Spain to win".... :confused: what is he on about? Just because the people in the studio might have been on the side of Spain doesn't mean everyone is. That Netherlands side was full of character, heart, and a game plan that really worked. They were the underdogs and many people went for them... Spain played some of the most boring football ever seen...

Would you listen to him...: "Let us celebrate Casillas' save", "Let us celebrate this other player Xavi".... :confused: I think that's extremely disrespectful to the Dutch. And the main reason they're even going for them is because the players are so damn expensive and play for such big teams, they're in love with them. They think "Spain should win"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Bill is obsessed with Mourinho :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I think it's out of line for O' Herlihy as well to be saying things like "everyone wanted Spain to win".... :confused: what is he on about? Just because the people in the studio might have been on the side of Spain doesn't mean everyone is. That Netherlands side was full of character, heart, and a game plan that really worked. They were the underdogs and many people went for them... Spain played some of the most boring football ever seen...

Would you listen to him...: "Let us celebrate Casillas' save", "Let us celebrate this other player Xavi".... :confused: I think that's extremely disrespectful to the Dutch. And the main reason they're even going for them is because the players are so damn expensive and play for such big teams, they're in love with them. They think "Spain should win"....

He will change his tune when Ireland are playing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

An Apres Match skit featuring the lads saying 'I've fallen in love with Spaaaaain' a la G Hook would be fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

psst keep talking psst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I hope that Derek Dunne from Abbeyleix chooses to go to North Korea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pundit: Well Clarence, the Dutch are gonna need to get their tactics spot on in this one.
    Seedorf: Well if we play as loud as the vuvuzelas are we'll be alright! AHAHAHAHA

*awkward silence*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Superbus wrote: »
    I hope that Derek Dunne from Abbeyleix chooses to go to North Korea.

was thinkin about this earlier meself:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Anyone see the awkwardness in the studio between the boys when it had been announced that Diego Forlan had won the award?

Pure silence and then Dunphy just rambles on for half a sec.
    Hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Doocey wrote: »
    Anyone see the awkwardness in the studio between the boys when it had been announced that Diego Forlan had won the award?

Pure silence and then Dunphy just rambles on for half a sec.
    Hilarious :D
    Ya, talk about struggling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Aidric wrote: »
    Ya, talk about struggling.

Wouldn't it be great if Robben or Sneijder had won player of the tournament and Bill had just announced it there? I'd love to see the look on their faces...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

papagormo wrote: »
    Emmo is making Giles out to be rambo altogether

Giles was Sergio Ramos on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

bonerm wrote: »
    Giles was Sergio Ramos on steroids.

Now that was real football, not the bunch of drama queens we have today.
    Ive said it before like, but seriously! how long would those guys (and I use the term guys lightly) have lasted on a football pitch in the 60s and 70s. or even on a GAA pitch today.

but apres match was excellent this year I think:D:D:D:D

Advertisement