Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards range day.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

clivej wrote: »
    I see trouble acoming here.
    Fcuksake - lads can't even get on together on this forum and they don't know who is whom. I foresee punch-ups in the jax or handbags at 50 paces.

catfight120607.jpg

Don't like your wan, clivej.

I'd be up for it, can bring 12's, a20 and a .22 semi-auto. Would love to try a Sako 85 in .308.
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I'd be up for it, can bring 12's, a20 and a .22 semi-auto. Would love to try a Sako 85 in .308.
    P.

July is a bad month for me, a wedding and a week playing soldiers.
    I reckon an open shoot fox round all calibres.

100 & 200 yards I think, I am trying to get a mate of mine Claire Tully to do an appearance, If it was for charity she would go. She is a patron of Breast cancer

check her out claire tully dot com ;)
    Lucan lass who actually tells me like shooting and used to go out with her granddad and shotty years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

P.

Can't help you with that one as I've only got the Sako 75 .308 :p:p:p

varmintlamss75.jpg
    SAKO 75 VARMINT LAMINATED STAINLESS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

a few sporting traps would be nice, perhaps a few minis and of course the poachers fav, the fur and feather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I would be up for it too, don't forget us guys with .17hmrs. It with be nice to put face to names here, I ran race with people from other forums I use and it is better when you have met the other person in question. Also I thinking about the chance to learn a bit more from you guys, so its all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd go. Would shoot centrefire hunting rifle, rimfire hunting rifle and target rifle.

I'd go. Would shoot centrefire hunting rifle, rimfire hunting rifle and target rifle.

I still think unlimited cal 100 and 200
    level playing field ish

some of the larger calibres perform better after 300, so 100 & 200 would be foxer shooting

Perhaps the worst score gets a prize and the best score

Should I ask Claire if she will be a Judge??

I still think unlimited cal 100 and 200
    level playing field ish

some of the larger calibres perform better after 300, so 100 & 200 would be foxer shooting

Perhaps the worst score gets a prize and the best score

Should I ask Claire if she will be a Judge??

You're still looking at a distinct disadvtange for the rimfires there. Realistically, you're looking at doing two things there.

You're still looking at a distinct disadvtange for the rimfires there. Realistically, you're looking at doing two things there.

Well the rimfires are quite good at 100, and centrefire @200

I'm quite good at barbecueing, I do it a lot. That will be my job that day ;)

Anyone want to supply some venison to make burgers?
    Or steak to grill!

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's see who's willing to help out, then get the shoot organised, then think about the lunch options.

• Advertisement

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's see who's willing to help out, then get the shoot organised, then think about the lunch options.

Think Positive, I live local to it so no probs for me, a few others will help out

If you build it, they will come :D:D:D:D:D:D

Think Positive, I live local to it so no probs for me, a few others will help out

If you build it, they will come :D:D:D:D:D:D

No, a match from last week would tell you otherwise. The sentence is too abbreviated. It should read "If you listen to everyone's opinion, collate that data, decide on something that will suit everyone or as many as possible, book it well ahead of time, for a date that suits as many as possible, advertise it well, then run it well on the day, they will come." Not so snappy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Ok all,

The first poll has been added to see what date works best for everyone. Once we agree on that we'll approach a range (midlands?) and see if they will play ball.

In the mean time keep those suggestions coming for the form the day will take, bearing in mind we have a wide selection of calibers here and I would like to see everything catered for. We'll run a poll on event types in the coming days. I just want to get a handle on numbers first.

I've never organized anything like this before so would be grateful for any and all help/suggestions. Feel free to give your 2 cents if you think i'm going about it arse-ways.

Regards,
    Paj.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

.22 pistol, .22 50m open prone and .22 50/100m BR are my lot to throw into the proverbial bowl. Would love to try the clays! Been years since I last tried!:D

Is there anyway that the poll can be adjusted to allow multiple dates to be picked?

LB6 wrote: »
    .22 pistol, .22 50m open prone and .22 50/100m BR are my lot to throw into the proverbial bowl. Would love to try the clays! Been years since I last tried!:D

Is there anyway that the poll can be adjusted to allow multiple dates to be picked?

What happens if one does not own a .22lr my smallest is .223?
    And my pistol is .40??

Bragging won't get ya anywhere - ya don't need a big hammer to drive a small nail ;)

Sure I may even let ya use my .22's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

AFAIK at Midlands you can only use what you have a licence for :(

Bragging won't get ya anywhere - ya don't need a big hammer to drive a small nail ;)

Sure I may even let ya use my .22's :)

In midlands(Ireland) I can only fire my own pistol. I'm not bragging. i was just about to buy a second pistol hammerelli before the licence system changed.

I have what I have so I have to use what I have. The .22 pistol would have a massive advantage over a glock @50 metres anyway.

eeee gads - that's going to put a right halt on proceedings!

Thought you could use anothers firearm as long as they were supervising and you already had a licence for that same calibre? or is it sticter than that, that you can only use your own piece?

Where does clay shooting come under that rule then?

Tack - was only having a hop hon! :D

Thought you could use anothers firearm as long as they were supervising and you already had a licence for that same calibre? or is it sticter than that, that you can only use your own piece?

AFAIK you can use what you actually have a licence for ONLY :o
    Where does clay shooting come under that rule then?

Not sure if shotgun & clay shooting comes under this rule at MNSCI.

• Advertisement

That's a bit strict. That's going to put pay to a lot of things then Bunny. Well for me it will anyway.

Who'd be able to find out for us about the clay's?

Bit of a spin for me to go up there now and not be able to share in the sport. :(

That's a bit strict. That's going to put pay to a lot of things then Bunny. Well for me it will anyway.

Who'd be able to find out for us about the clay's?

Bit of a spin for me to go up there now and not be able to share in the sport. :(

There are Club Rifles that can be used with an RO present. .22lr CZ AFAIK

Have not fired one in years so maybe others could bolster my point or revise it as appropiate
    I know from having done the Pistol Course only licence holder can fire it.

No joy LB6, maybe a mod could sort it out?

The authorisation for the club 22's is on hold and they cannot be used afaik. I haven't seen them used in a very long time, which is a shame as they were great to introduce people to rifle shooting without them actually having to buy a rifle etc before they decided they really wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Hi Lads if you can sort out a range that will take us, sort out the weather and I am available I'll bring the guitar and the guns!!!:D It sounds like a nice day out for all the family!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Fooking great idea it is...I`ll be there...would be great to put a face on the names and chew the fat...And the banter would be mighty....

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Really good idea. As previously said would be good to put face to names etc.

Would be interested in attending and possibly helping in organisation if needed.

Would a .22 rimfire 100m & .22 centrefire 100m & 200m be a ridiculous suggestion? Then maybe an open comp for all calibres at same distances plus 300m, 500m etc? Hunting Rifle, Target Rifle? An option for lads who dont use mil-dot but hunting reticles etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Any date is good with me.It is just work dependant.If there is work on the day,I cant go,if not I'll be there.
    For suggestions,how about a shoot dedicated to the evil black semi autos in all calibres.Might dispel a lot of fear about them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    how about a shoot dedicated to the evil black semi autos in all calibres.Might dispel a lot of fear about them.

First shoot of the day shall be the inaugural "Grizzly 45 Evil Black Semi-Auto Open Caliber Shoot Out":D:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

pajero2005 wrote: »
    First shoot of the day shall be the inaugural "Grizzly 45 Evil Black Semi-Auto Open Caliber Shoot Out":D:D;)
    now that sounds like fun...

Advertisement