Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super vs battle 2010 - Lets go!

Options
  • 11-06-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Just to get the ball rolling, flights are currently 20 euros return from dublin to london luton, with ryanairs bank card charges it will bring the total to 30 euros return. This is as cheap as its gonna get, so i suggest we all get booking asap. These flights will go up and when they do they will rocket up, epescially in summertime.

Here is a price breakdown of how much the trip is going to cost.

flight 30 euros
    trains from luton to london 15 euros return
    svb entry 15
    game entry 10
    hotel 60 euros for 3 nights based on 3 people sharing ( friday-monday) These prices will change and will become unavailable real fast, there are not many hotels in the harrow area. I would recommend booking asap and staying in harrow as it is close to the venue.

I would like to bring at least 30 people from ireland to svb, i think we had 16 attend cannes? Something like that, it would be nice to bring 30 strong and really make some noise at the tournament. Its a cheap holiday and its going to be a lot of fun.

I will post up when ive booked my flight and all of you can book the same flight.

Post up if your interested or confirmed to go so we can get a list of names together and hype up this trip.

Confirmed to go

1. chunkis
    2. Xinkai
    3. Kneecaps
    4. Dreddy
    5. Doom

Interested.

1. kiki
    2. Ramza
    3. sisko
    4. Ken B
    5. Orim
    6. Animax

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll see if I can spare 250 for myself this summer. Kinda doubtful, but I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

100% interested, just waiting on money lol, will try and get asap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I've no idea at the moment. Waiting to start the job and see what my roster looks like.

Also I'm in two minds as I would like to support the home event and go to midlans. Too many events! (Who would have thought it would ever come to this)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wasn't sure what you were talking about or when it was on so I did some checking.

"It will take place over 3 days; Friday 20th August through to Sunday 22nd August, and in the same venue from last year, namely Byron Hall which is part of Harrow Leisure Centre in Harrow & Wealdstone, London."

Sounds interesting, but I'm not confident enough in my schedule then to be able to commit the cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm going. thankfully its not in sep this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Having missed cannes I'd love to go to this and am deffo interested.

I can't say if I can go for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I really want to go to this.....and the thing in Brum as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

All but confirmed here, can't see anything popping up that'd stop me going.

Honestly lads I think going to Midlands over this is crazy if you have an open choice between the two, there's no contest between a single SF4 tournament at a LAN and a full weekend of fighting games with hundreds of players from around the world in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    All but confirmed here, can't see anything popping up that'd stop me going.

Honestly lads I think going to Midlands over this is crazy if you have an open choice between the two, there's no contest between a single SF4 tournament at a LAN and a full weekend of fighting games with hundreds of players from around the world in attendance.

IMO it's important to support any homegrown events and encourage events in this country.

But SvB would be awesome. I'd love to go but I just don't know yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Put me down as a maybe, it depends on my research situation but i think i'll be all done by then. What are the dates?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    IMO it's important to support any homegrown events and encourage events in this country.

But SvB would be awesome. I'd love to go but I just don't know yet.

Realistically, we're going to be doing both.

I'm sure Midlans have their heads screwed on and will realise this is a bad weekend and not judge us for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm a maybe for this. Just need to get some dates in august nailed down then I'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I cant seem to edit this thread anymore, doom can you take a look and see whats up

Nevermind dreddy just explained to me that you cant edit things after a while.

Just post up if your intersted or if your confirmed to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Chunkis you can only edit your post twice, then it's left to the Mods to edit for you, but i can't see why they wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got my word/money, 100% confirmed now Chunkis

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Just seen this thread now.. I'm definitly interested in going. What are people doing acccomadation wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This is only a month away, what's the story with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just checked the SvB website and SSFIV Groups are scheduled for Friday. Unless they're not starting until quite late Friday evening this rules me out from participating.

I've sent a mail off to ask them why the game likely to have the most interest and entrants is on Friday and not Saturday.

Just checked the SvB website and SSFIV Groups are scheduled for Friday. Unless they're not starting until quite late Friday evening this rules me out from participating.

I've sent a mail off to ask them why the game likely to have the most interest and entrants is on Friday and not Saturday.

Yeah good question, friday is lame. However i plan to arrive friday morning, or thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ry wrote: »
    I'm interested.

i am also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xXbacchusXx

Would love to in guys but i'll be in thailand! Hopefully doing a sagat pose in ayuthaya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

There's around 8 going from Belfast. Ry,get it sorted,we need the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I didn't realise this was so soon. Thought it was mid/late august?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'm in work so I can't afford the time to research this.....

When is it?

And how long does it go on for?

I'm certainly interested in going...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Ken B wrote: »
    I'm in work so I can't afford the time to research this.....

When is it?

And how long does it go on for?

I'm certainly interested in going...

Its August 20th-22nd,there's loads of time to get sorted.

Sup guys,

I am booking my flights and accomodation for svb next week.

I plan to fly with ryanair friday morning 20th august at 8am and return monday morning 23rd august at 6.30am.

These flights might not suit everybody, but there cheap at a resonable
    41.99 euros return.

I am trying to make this trip as cheap as possible so everybody can come.

For accomodation I plan to stay at the wembley plaza hotel, wembley is right next to harrow, its about a 10 min bus journey away from the venue or 5 mins in a taxi.

For 3 people staying in a triple room for 2 nights in the plaza ( friday and saturday night) the hotel works out at 137 uk pounds( 165 euros) Split this 3 ways and it works out at 55 euros per person, again very resonable.

This is as cheap as it gets guys, so i suggest you all get your **** together and get ready to book.

Myself, ramza and dreddy are going to be rooming together in the plaza, i suggest everybody from ireland stay there too.

If anybody has any questions fire away

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Due to issues with my passport and work (not work's fault) I have travel commitments which may conflict with this.

Which sucks an almight amount.

consider me out and I will look after myself if I can sort it out.

• Advertisement

That sucks doom

Advertisement