Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super vs battle 2010 - Lets go!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

chunkis wrote: »
    That sucks doom

you're telling me I'd also be in Vegas with the dictator right now if it wasn't for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Interested but unlikely as I'm going to a music festival in Blackpool in August. If my financial situation changes between now and then count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm now in for sure.

So let me know what flight your getting chunkis and I'll book on.

Is anyone else definitely in so as to split accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im very interested in going.. have to see bout my moneys and stitch Ill get back to this in a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

What about Sunday night chunkis? Also, would we definitely be alright to play in SSF4 groups on the Friday flying over on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    What about Sunday night chunkis? Also, would we definitely be alright to play in SSF4 groups on the Friday flying over on the day?

It's pre-reg only, so as long as you get there by the time it starts you should be fine.

Doors open at 10:00.

A flight at 8 seems a bit tight to make it there for 10...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. On my last trip, the plane spent over 45 minutes taxiing and doing nothing because of some problem. If that happened this time.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sounds good, can book up whenever you guys do

Also, as far as the SFIV problem goes, I'm not entering so it's irrelevant to me, but seems bad alright

Will also need to reg on SVB site soon

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Dreddy, flying in at 8am is cool. We land at 9 and it takes less than an hour to get to the hotel, we will arrive with plenty of time for ssf4 groups. If i thought time was a factor i would be flying thursday night and not friday morning.

Regarding sunday night, we could stay an extra day and leave monday evening, however this would mean more hotel costs, and more flight costs. It would add an extra 50 or 60 euros to the overall cost of the trip.

On sunday I was planning to just grab a bite to eat in central london and then head to the airport. The venue closes at around 11pm sunday night so time will pass pretty quick.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, that's cool with me so. By the way, the place where the NI lads are staying (Comfort Inn) is apparently where a lot of 3s players are staying (according to Ramza).

Seems a lot more expensive though, 108 pounds per person (that's for 4 nights, the NI guys are going from Thursday).

Wherever is cheaper, tbh I don't mind where we stay, I'm down with w/e

Fair enough, that's cool with me so. By the way, the place where the NI lads are staying (Comfort Inn) is apparently where a lot of 3s players are staying (according to Ramza).

Seems a lot more expensive though, 108 pounds per person (that's for 4 nights, the NI guys are going from Thursday).

Yeah i wanted to stay at the comfort, but there was no rooms left when i checked.

Only the 2 person rooms are available at the comfort, however we could put 3 people in a 2 person room.

but i don`t know how many rooms are left in the comfort, i want us all to be together as one group. I could book the comfort for myself, ramza and dreddy, but then what about everybody else, rooms might be full and people may have to find other places to stay.

The plaza is a massive hotel and can hold us all for sure and its cheap, it has lots of 3 person and family rooms so nobody has to sleep on the floor.

Most of our time is going to be at the venue and after the event is over people can go for a drink or session or whatever, the options are open no matter where we stay, if there is a session in a hotel and people want to go, they can go.

Yeah I don't mind staying at the plaza at all, just thought I'd note what I found out in the thread so everyone knows the options. Plaza being cheaper also swings it for me, I'm trying to keep the cost of this trip down as much as possible.

Yeah I don't mind staying at the plaza at all, just thought I'd note what I found out in the thread so everyone knows the options. Plaza being cheaper also swings it for me, I'm trying to keep the cost of this trip down as much as possible.

Agreed ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

i might see about getting a flight on the thursday... going friday morning seems like madness.

Plaza sounds grand though.

Whats wrong with friday morning?

Friday is alright, trust me, if i didn`t think friday morning was a good time to travel i would be going thursday myself.

last time i got a flight it got delayed for 13 hours. theres not much breathing room on a friday mornng flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah usually means I;d have to stay awake all night to catch the plane and I'll be ****ed on the friday then. If I can make it to this I'd try and head on the Thursday myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There is no way I'd be getting a flight at 08:00 on a Friday morning when I needed to be somewhere in London by 10:00.

Not a chance.

Ryanair almost always have a 06:30 flight to London. That's the one I'd be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can someone list the definites.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Right, who's going for certain so we can sort out bookings etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah I'm up for it so you can count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, I'm in. Gonna need a holiday before my year of student life misery.

Right I'm getting a flight on the thursday instead.

I'm probably gonna take the 8.am dublin to gatwick ryanair flight, The luton return flights are at awkward times + theres a train direct from gatwick to the harrow station.

€24 return.

There is an 11.30 am flight (much better time) but only 2 seats are available.
    If I'm going on my own or in a pair, I'm taking that one, if as a group > 2 obviously its out.

If you want to carry on 1 bag its free. I suggest, a back pack with your stick and a few changes of clothes stuffed in.
    You may check in some Checked Baggage for a nominal charge and carry one item of Unchecked Baggage free of charge, all subject to our conditions and limitations, which are available for inspection on our website or upon request from us.

However they do also say this:
    We may specify maximum dimensions and/or weight for Baggage which you carry on to the aircraft. If we have not done so, Baggage which you carry onto the aircraft must fit under the seat in front of you or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin of the aircraft. If your Baggage cannot be stored in this manner, or if it is of excessive weight, or is considered unsafe for any reason, it must be carried as Checked Baggage

That will mean at least €40 extra on your journey.

If a few people want to have checked baggage for just a few items, perhaps go halves or thirds.

Chunkis can you link to the hotel please.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll more than likely be going on Thursday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Thursday sounds better to me too. Will book this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I really wanna go, not sure what way to go about it. Might just head over with a friend or something.

• Advertisement

The Hound wrote: »
    I really wanna go, not sure what way to go about it. Might just head over with a friend or something.

Well the plan is for all to be sharing rooms and travelling together, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement