Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super vs battle 2010 - Lets go!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

**** I don't think I can book for another two weeks or so, will this effect anyone else or the overall plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

you're telling me I'd also be in Vegas with the dictator right now if it wasn't for it :(

no one to blame but yourself. Your old 'The passport office is crap' excuse is causin problems now =p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Not sure what the problem is, but you don't need a passport to travel to England, any legal Irish ID will do afaik.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Not sure what the problem is, but you don't need a passport to travel to England, any legal Irish ID will do afaik.

It's not the lack of a passport, it's the fact I'm having to shuffle my (professional) international travel around because of the pass port delays. I should have it in the next couple of days, but then we have to reorganise a load of trips in work.

Ahh, disaster. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So are we decided on the friday morning flight or what? Ideally, we should all travel together. I'd like to anyway. Chunkis seems to think we will have plenty of time with a flight at eight. So is that the one we are taking?

Wanna know which one to book. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ryanair wont let you fly at all without a passport, even to england.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I've booked the 11.30am flight on Thursday 19th august from dublin to gatwick with ryanair.

And the 11.30 am Flight on Monday 23rd from Gatwick back to dublin.

It costs an extra 7 euro, but means I don't have to catch a bus at 5 am.
    Ryanair being the ***** they are, charge a €10 creditcard fee.

Total: €42

I was incorrect about no seats being left on the flight, it ment 2 seats left at the lower price. Obviously anyone is welcome to fly with me.

I will look into getting a hotel room tomorrow.

Bump. C'mon guys, you need to start making your decisions about this.

Regardless of flight times, who's coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'm going to book later today or tomorrow... I'm still unsure as to which flights to take.
    @chunkis, what's the story with flights.. do you think that we'd be ok time-wise flying friday morning or would we be better off flying thursday?
    Also, say we do fly friday morning and are delayed, what then? If we've registered online do we have a bit of lee-way regarding arrival times or will we still have to be there by 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Friday morning is fine, but feel free to travel with kneecaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Am not going, not feeling the need for SVB.

i blame that damn xinkai.

Nah, I just have no desire to travel to a tournament when I've had no real practice, at all.

6hrs on Wednesday & the occasional Saturday isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Nah, I just have no desire to travel to a tournament when I've had no real practice, at all.

6hrs on Wednesday & the occasional Saturday isn't enough.

Pffft, lot more practice than I ever get.

Granted I'll not be going near SVB for a good long while.

Just head for the craic. thats what I'm going for.

It's a toss-up between SVB & going drinking with my mates.

In Berlin. :pac:

Definites:

The Northern lads (8 people, not sure who exactly)

Dreddybajs
    Chunkis
    Ramza
    Owwmykneecaps
    Kirby
    Speed Boat
    The Hound
    DarkTalant

Any more to add to this list? Myself and chunkis are booking flights tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Any more to add to this list?

If i do go it will be a book-the-weekend-before sort of job. Don't add me to the list, but i could still go. Won't know for sure until closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

animaX wrote: »
    If i do go it will be a book-the-weekend-before sort of job. Don't add me to the list, but i could still go. Won't know for sure until closer.

Yeah I'm the same, hence the silence. I'm trying to make it happen but cant know till closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just to say to people....

Remember when you didn't go to Cannes? And then were are crying and **** when we were over there? Yea, this is the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Jim wrote: »
    Just to say to people....

Remember when you didn't go to Cannes? And then were are crying and **** when we were over there? Yea, this is the exact same thing.

but youre not even going?
    and no one cried, except you cause EITA kicked your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Placebo wrote: »
    but youre not even going?
    and no one cried, except you cause EITA kicked your ass.
    Trying to work out the logistics of the trip at present, but it's unlikely I'm going. But my lack of attendance is due to financial restrictions rather than being a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Definites:

The Northern lads (8 people, not sure who exactly)

Dreddybajs
    Chunkis
    Ramza
    Owwmykneecaps
    Kirby
    Speed Boat
    The Hound
    DarkTalant

Any more to add to this list? Myself and chunkis are booking flights tomorrow

Cool. After you book can you post the flight info so I know what to look for on the wesbite? cheers

I better get some practice in. :D Make some time in my schedule. I need to learn alot of the super matchups coz i just don't know em well enough.

Well I've booked the 11 30 am flight on thursday 19th of august from dublin to london gatwick.

afaik no one else has actually booked a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm the same as terry and co. I've got a lot of **** on august, damn repeats, and theres a lack of money but I still may be able to pull it off.

What do you study anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

[QUOTE=Sisko;66961459I've got a lot of **** on[/QUOTE]

The CIA got you pushing too many pencils :pac:

Kirby wrote: »
    Cool. After you book can you post the flight info so I know what to look for on the wesbite? cheers

I better get some practice in. :D Make some time in my schedule. I need to learn alot of the super matchups coz i just don't know em well enough.

Chunkis has booked outgoing on Thursday morning, return on Monday evening, to and from Luton. These are the flights I'll be booking later tonight also.

From Dublin (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN)
    Thu, 19Aug10
    Flight FR 332
    Depart DUB at 08:15am and arrive LTN at 09:20am

COMING BACK

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin (DUB)
    Mon, 23Aug10
    Flight FR 341 Depart LTN at 20:25pm and arrive DUB at 21:35pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

will book this later myself too.

I'll post when it's sorted.

EDIT: I'm booked now too.

Advertisement