Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super vs battle 2010 - Lets go!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Flights booked for myself and Ramza:

From Dublin (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN)
    Thu, 19Aug10
    Flight FR 332
    Depart DUB at 08:15am and arrive LTN at 09:20am

COMING BACK

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin (DUB)
    Mon, 23Aug10
    Flight FR 341 Depart LTN at 20:25pm and arrive DUB at 21:35pm

Hey dreddy. Booking my flight now. Quick question. How much did your flights cost? Because I'm looking up those one now and its costing 74 euro total including taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Afaik Dreddy's were about €20 - €30 (I looked them up at the same time)

I think I figured it out. There are "taxes/fees" being applied to the return flight 341 that bring it up from 30 quid to 70. I'm guessing you guys didnt have to pay that. D'oh. I can book cheaper flights but at different times. Tbh I'd rather stay with the group though so that I know where I'm bloody going. I'll have to have a think about it.

Also, Foamy and Hound said there were planning to go and we talked about sharing a room a few pages back. Before I book the flights, are you guys still planning on going? Don't want to be in the position of being the odd man out and having to pay for a room just for myself. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Yeah you guys took too long to book. Flights are now 75 euros. 30 euros extra isn`t going to kill you guys, just hurry up and book before they get more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Lol you can fly with me for 60 quid.

You tight ****s seemed concerned about price when i posted my flghts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Im booked, this is my details. Same flight as some of yez but the return seems different. Couldnt get the same flight back

From Dublin (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN)Thu, Aug 19 Flight 332DepartDublin (DUB) 08:15ArriveLondon (Luton) (LTN) 09:20

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin (DUB)Mon, Aug 23 Flight 331DepartLondon (Luton) (LTN) 06:25ArriveDublin (DUB) 07:35

From Dublin (DUB) to London (Luton) (LTN)
    Thu, 19Aug10
    Flight FR 332
    Depart DUB at 08:15am and arrive LTN at 09:20am

COMING BACK

From London (Luton) (LTN) to Dublin (DUB)
    Mon, 23Aug10
    Flight FR 331 Depart LTN at 06:25am and arrive DUB at 07:35am

I'm booked too. These are my details. Like Hound, I had to pick a different flight home.

Gotta sort accomodation out now. You still cool with sharing Hound?

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm booked too. These are my details. Like Hound, I had to pick a different flight home.

Gotta sort accomodation out now. You still cool with sharing Hound?

Ye kirby i dont mind sharing. I'm bringing a friend as well, hope u dont mind. Its cool if you wanna share with foamy, not sure if he has anyone to share with.

Thats cool with me. I'll bring ear plugs for all incase one of us snores :D. Your mate playing too?

Na my mate doesnt play the game but he likes watching. I dont snore, at least I never hear myself snoringpacman.gif. just sort out your ps3 pad so we can have some good casuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ok, i'm confused. At the beginning of the thread all the talk was about flying out early on the friday but most people seemed to have booked an early flight on the thursday?! Why fly out so early on thursday if it doesn't start till friday?
    Edit: because its cheaper?

Myself and farz are gonna book today but i just want to make sure of the details. So most people are staying 4 nights then (thurs/fri/sat/sun)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

go terry
    id like to stay the very least tbh, save my holidays, so if possible to go early on friday, i will.
    DAY 1: Fri 20th Aug 2010 (Groups)
    Venue will open at 10:00
    Super Street Fighter 4 (XBOX 360)
    Soul Calibur 4 (Playstation 3)
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Playstation 3)
    Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (Playstation 2)

doesnt say what time
    cud ask them##

http://www.supervsbattle.com/svb20x/event.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    Ok, i'm confused. At the beginning of the thread all the talk was about flying out early on the friday but most people seemed to have booked an early flight on the thursday?! Why fly out so early on thursday if it doesn't start till friday?
    Edit: because its cheaper?

Myself and farz are gonna book today but i just want to make sure of the details. So most people are staying 4 nights then (thurs/fri/sat/sun)?

The early friday was scrapped as the planes would getting in only a couple of hours before everything kicked off and it was deemed to risky as you would miss out on reg/groups if there was any delay.

The early morning on thursday, I assume, is the cheapest of the flights. Sure it's good crack so no harm in going early.

Placebo wrote: »
    go terry
    id like to stay the very least tbh, save my holidays, so if possible to go early on friday, i will.
    Orim wrote: »
    The early friday was scrapped as the planes would getting in only a couple of hours before everything kicked off and it was deemed to risky as you would miss out on reg/groups if there was any delay.

Also, why Luton? Looking at google maps, Heathrow is clearly a lot closer to Harrow. I'd say an early flight to Heathrow on friday would give a better chance of being on time.

Farzad, what's your attitude towards flights? Cheapest or most convenient?! I usually lean towards most convenient. If we could fly late on thurs then you might not need a day off work!

No Taxes Adult
    14.99 EUR
    Thu19 Aug 10
    FlightFR 342 22:00 Depart
    23:05 Arrive

late flight on thursday is cheaper !
    id rather this , but up to you terry, we could chill on thursday

edit: just seen ur reply there, im more for convenience, dont mind paying bit extra,
    dont want to waste 4 days on street fighter

No Taxes Adult
    14.99 EUR
    Thu19 Aug 10
    FlightFR 342 22:00 Depart
    23:05 Arrive

late flight on thursday is cheaper !
    id rather this terry but up to you terry, we could chill on thursday

Yeah i'm ok with that! Is that ryanair? I'll check the website

The ryanair return flight on monday is bull****. 6:25 depart!! That means getting up at 3am hungover and feeling like shit for the rest of the week. Don't fancy that!

The next flight after that is pretty late on monday and for that price we might as well get one-way flights and take aerlingus back at a reasonable time. What do you think?

post flight details of your choice and il check

Here goes!

Option 1: Ryanair
    Dublin to London (Luton)
    Fly out on thurs night at 22:00
    Cost 20 euro (online check-in)

London (Luton) to Dublin
    Monday morning zombie flight 6:25
    Cost 15 euro (online check-in)

Alternatively can fly back on monday at 20:00 at a cost of 55 euro.

So that's 35 euro in total (or 75 if we avoid the zombie flight)

Option 2: Ryanair one-way, aer lingus one-way
    Dublin to London (Luton)
    Fly out on thurs night at 22:00
    Cost 20 euro (online check-in)

London (Heathrow) to Dublin
    Monday flights at 10am or 4pm
    Both cost 47 sterling

Total cost of roughly 75 euro. (though ryanair might add bogus charges like credit card charges).

Option 3: Aer lingus
    Dublin to London (Heathrow)....closer
    Fly out thurs night at 20:00
    Cost 35 euro

London Heathrow to Dublin
    Monday 10am or 4pm
    Both cost 55 euro.

Total cost of 90 euro

I'm really not a big fan of such early morning flights but if you really want to do that then i'll go along with it. Either of options 2 and 3 look good to me.

why wud we drink sunday night as well? all though how early would we need to be up for get 6am flight? monday flight mid day/evening would probably suit so we can relax for work/phd the next day.
    il revise and get back to u this evening

• Advertisement

why wud we drink sunday night as well? all though how early would we need to be up for get 6am flight? monday flight mid day/evening would probably suit so we can relax for work/phd the next day.
    il revise and get back to u this evening

We don't have to drink sunday but that is finals day! For 6am flight we would have to get up at 3 at the latest. But as i said, if you want to go with that i'll do it, some of the other lads will be on that flight too.

The organisers of svb are clever, spreading SF4 out as much as possible (friday then sunday) so that the majority of people will stay for the whole event!

I'll be on that zombie flight home at 6 in the morning. It wont bother me! Sleep when your dead!

As will I. the later flight home was double the price. Not worth it in my eyes.

And I don't drink, so no hangover worries with me. :p

Are most of us staying in the same hotel btw? Would be good for casuals.

Kirby I rang that hotel today and they had no triple rooms left only doubles and singles. I booked a double for myself and friend, I suggest you & foamy book into a double together if foamy still looking for someone.

So far as I can tell, they only do double rooms but you can have three people sharing. I think somebody mentioned it a few pages back.

If not, I can sort something out i suppose.

Kirby wrote: »
    So far as I can tell, they only do double rooms but you can have three people sharing. I think somebody mentioned it a few pages back.

If not, I can sort something out i suppose.

dam im not sure. he said on the phone that there was only 2 beds in the room. The triple has a Double and a single

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

When they say the double room can hold 3 they usually mean it's a double bed and a single bed so booking 3 guys into one could turn out awkward.

I'm faced with similar circumstances getting roped into a convention in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Are you all that uncomfortable with your masculinity that you wouldn't risk sharing a bed with a bloke for two or three nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Right Dark Talant can you definitely go to SvB?
    I havent booked the room yet.

Speedboat me and talant were going to get a triple room.
    None are left.

We could get two twin rooms (needing someone else to share one place)

Or I can get the three of us in one twin room. in seperate beds!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

animaX wrote: »
    That's poor, don't they have any moderation on that site? This is the reason i don't go near neo and why we shouldn't have a separate forum

i'm crying laughing at that thread, you're nuts terry :pac:

Advertisement