Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super vs battle 2010 - Lets go!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

chunkis is in a triple room, the rest of us are in twin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

As far as I know myself, ramza and chunkis are not in any room so far

I think he'd said he had booked it...

Either way there no tripple rooms now, so if he hasn't you'll have to get thw twin and get an extra bed in.

He told me he booked it but it got rejected because he didn't put a deposit down or something, so we have yet to sort it

Ahh, I paid full wack straight up myself, had to when booking two rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Right flights booked. I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

COMFORT = booked out
    WEMBLEY = booked out
    BEST WESTERN = booked out
    CARD BOARD BOX on the street = TAKING BOOKINGS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Give 'em hell lads. :(

Is anyone else still not booked for their hotel apart from myself, chunkis, and Ramza?

me , terry and ryan

• Advertisement

So I've booked at a hotel where others had booked, in order for us all to stay as a group, except, no one else had actually booked.

****ing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'm booked. Me and my friend are booked into the wembley plaza

So I've booked at a hotel where others had booked, in order for us all to stay as a group, except, no one else had actually booked.

****ing great.

It's never a big deal anyway, we'll all be at sessions together after the tournament and only head back to our rooms to crash.

Any word on what other hotels are close?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's never a big deal anyway, we'll all be at sessions together after the tournament and only head back to our rooms to crash.

No it is important, I didn't try any other hotels, I didn't shop around, I could probably have saved money and/or picked a better hotel, but instead, I booked the one I thought everyone was gonna be at.

People need to post **** on the forums.

fffuuuu.jpg

I've just booked a triple room at the Crescent for myself, Ramza, and chunkis.

Came to 423 euro total, so around 140 each, requires a 108 euro deposit. It's about 20 minutes walk from the venue.

http://www.crescenthotels.co.uk/online.html

I suggest the rest of ye book this too as it does seem the other places are booked out.

Again, sorry about the confusion Kneecaps, when you booked we had thought we were staying in the same place.

this thread is gold
    http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8730&page=8

CHUNKIS, out of interest why did you suggest wembley ?
    it seems to be furthest one away !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

grr. Kind of annoying tbh. The idea was to be in the same hotels. :(

Oh well.

Kirby wrote: »
    grr. Kind of annoying tbh. The idea was to be in the same hotels. :(

Oh well.

Just to reiterate, I really doubt this is going to end up mattering much. Judging by France, everyone ends up in a completely different hotel room for a session anyway, and only heads back to their own to crash. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Placebo wrote: »
    this thread is gold
    http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8730&page=8

CHUNKIS, out of interest why did you suggest wembley ?
    it seems to be furthest one away !

The plaza is the best hotel in the area. I picked it because at the time i was booking there was a lot of hotel rooms available, it was cheap, especially if 3 people were sharing a room. I did want everybody to be in the same hotel, but its really not a big deal.

On a map it might seem far from the venue, but its really not, a taxi ride from the plaza to the svb venue is about 7/8 mins and will cost around 6-8 pound, depending on the driver.

Apart from being cheap, the location of the plaza is good. Its got a lot of good transport links that will take you anywhere you need to go in the area. The 18 night bus runs through harrow, it starts at the svb venue and goes through harrow town centre, it will take you directly to the plaza. This is a cheap way of geting back to the hotel from harrow late at night, people wont always be in large groups sometimes they might want to go back to the hotel on there own, and the bus allows people to do that.

When i know where everybody is staying and what flights people are on i will post up details to make everybodys trip as smooth as possible.

Staying at the same hotel would have been nice, but its not really important.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Couple of week to go. :)

anyone bringing an xbox

dreddy,chunkis,ramza?

Can confirm myself and ramza aren't as we booked with only carry on luggage for the flight (unless ramza wants to take his up with an xbox)

u can check in a bag at the airport, i think its 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Placebo wrote: »
    u can check in a bag at the airport, i think its 20 euro

Per bag per flight, it could add up.

If you guys want to (and are travelling in pairs) it would be cheaper (and probably safer for the electronics) to bring an Xbox carry-on in one laptop bag, and have the other person carry both persons clothes.

Also don't forget to stick your toiletries, below 100mls in a sandwich bag to present at security. Those things used to be free but now they're €1 for 2 :eek:

Also steal a bunch on your way back from the helpful attendants, as English airports give em out for free

/travels to England once or twice a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I don't got an xbox an even if I did I would not bring it, sorry farz

Per bag per flight, it could add up.

If you guys want to (and are travelling in pairs) it would be cheaper (and probably safer for the electronics) to bring an Xbox carry-on in one laptop bag, and have the other person carry both persons clothes.

Also don't forget to stick your toiletries, below 500mls in a sandwich bag to present at security. Those things used to be free but now they're €1 for 2 :eek:

Also steal a bunch on your way back from the helpful attendants, as English airports give em out for free

/travels to England once or twice a month

Its 100 mls, not 500.

Also those plastic bags are not free, you gota pay for them everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

chunkis wrote: »
    Its 100 mls, not 500.

Also those plastic bags are not free, you gota pay for them everywhere.

Sorry typo, it's actually 100ml, I wrote 500 because I always aim for 50ml per item so I don't get any grief (like taking roll-on deodorants which are always 50ml as opposed to spray ons, which are bigger).

I was in Heathrow YESTERDAY, they're free there and at Gatwick (which I was at last week).

I've been travelling back and forth between England and Dublin regularly for the last 4 years, only Dublin has ever tried charging for bags.

• Advertisement

Sorry typo, it's actually 100ml, I wrote 500 because I always aim for 50ml per item so I don't get any grief (like taking roll-on deodorants which are always 50ml as opposed to spray ons, which are bigger).

I was in Heathrow YESTERDAY, they're free there and at Gatwick (which I was at last week).

I've been travelling back and forth between England and Dublin regularly for the last 4 years, only Dublin has ever tried charging for bags.

Yeah well i was in heathrow....THIS MORNING!!!

WHAT YOU SAYING NOW!

But yeah your right they do hand them out in heathrow, but most airports they don`t, ive been using the same bag for years, am such a tramp.

Advertisement