Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual ticket on Kilcock train

Options
  • 11-06-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at moving to Kilcock, and since I work in Dublin, I'll be commuting on the train every morning. I see that Dublin Bus have an annual Short Hop ticket for Bus & Rail, which they say "is valid on DART and Surburban Rail services". This would seem to rule out Kilcock, as it is only serviced by Intercity and Commuter services, afaik.

Dublin bus have told me that the Annual Short Hop ticket is only valid as far as Maynooth, however, Irish Rail reckon that "the ticket will be valid from Kilcock regardless of the train type you travel on ie. InterCity or Suburban".

Any Kilcock residents able to share their experiences?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They are "Dublin area tickets".
    KIlcock is one stop too far away but you can buy a point to point tax saver ticket.
    Kilcock Annual €1,230.00 Monthly €123.00

www.taxsaver.ie

Advertisement