Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 5, Episode 11 - "The Lodger"

• 11-06-2010 3:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭

You know the drill by now people: Pixelburp gets bored in work on a Friday and starts a thread for tomorrow's episode.

Fairly ambivalent about this story - it's obviously the money-saving episode of the season, which is saying something (and a break from filming for Karen Gillen by the looks of things).

TooYoube Clips:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Oh for pity's sakes - World Cup season and I can't even get away from footie on Doctor Who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Matt Smith getting to put his history as a would-be professional footballer to use I see. I've been looking forward to this episode for a while. The last print media adaptation we had worked out well and this is the kind of story that could really suit Matt Smith in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Looking forward to it I have to say, as Matt Smith really seems to shine as the Doctor with the quirks and all in the clips. I'll have to overcome my oversaturation of James Corden to love it though, he seems to be in everything at the moment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Ahh i love Doctor who A Brilliant show Cant wait for Tonights episode Matt Plays some football i see Lol Cant wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh for pity's sakes - World Cup season and I can't even get away from footie on Doctor Who.

Fúcking soccer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Good episode and I like the few hidden easter eggs:

Van Gogh tickets and flyer on fridge.

Hand in the draw.

Does 96:17 mean anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Have to say that was much better than I thought it would be. As much as I like Moyles I was afraid he'd ham things up too much, so was glad to see that he didn't
    Quote from the Bible maybe? Where'd you see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Good episode. Was a nice filler and a bit different. Can someone explain why Craig and the woman (forget her name) saying I love you made the spaceship shut down? My mum was making noise so couldn't hear what the Doctor said.

Only thing that annoyed me was James Corden and the actress's lack of chemistry. Seriously there was none at all. For a one off episode though guess it doens't matter.

Like the references to the Doctor's past incarnations again. Also like that the Doctor has a key, it's nice when there's an apportunity for characters to return...even if they're not the most interesting.

The ending was brilliant, next week looks good.
    River's back! Didn't think we'd see her for another series or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

On the digital alarm clock display on the Doctors low-tech Scanner.
    DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Have to say that was much better than I thought it would be. As much as I like Moyles I was afraid he'd ham things up too much, so was glad to see that he didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

The fridge magnet letters were nice, though the -s-a-d- made me wonder...

• Advertisement

Was James Corden actually. Although now you've mentioned it they do look very alike....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

The ship was only attracted to people trying to escape....the people it lured in trying to escape the flat, the girl trying to escape her job, it only became attracted to her after she decided to leave. It was never attracted to Craig, as he never wanted to leave, so his need to stay stopped the ship, plus the girls want to stay when she found out Craig loved her helped.
    hope that made sense.

It was a nice episode, I'm dying to see next week now though!

Was James Corden actually. Although now you've mentioned it they do look very alike....
    D'oh, that's who I meant to say :)
    The ending was brilliant, next week looks good.
    River's back! Didn't think we'd see her for another series or two.
    Well at the end of "Flesh And Stone" she said he'd see her again when the Pandorica opens, and since next week's episode is called
    "The Pandorica Opens"
    , I'd have thought it would have been a safe assumption to make ;)

D'oh, that's who I meant to say :)

Well at the end of "Flesh And Stone" she said he'd see her again when the Pandorica opens, and since next week's episode is called
    "The Pandorica Opens"
    , I'd have thought it would have been a safe assumption to make ;)

Well yeah but I didn't know that! :p

Can't wait to see it but the series ending is a bit sad. Went really fast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

Enjoyed the episode.

Thats all I have to say really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Ok just watched it...I liked it! What's the story with Amy,does she remember rory now? I did read that
    James Corden filmed two episodes
    . What's the Pandorica??? Anyone care to make a guess? Is it Rory :D ? What was the battle going on? Was it the crusades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Dunno about Rory.

Anyone think that there was ( I may be showing my geek side here) a Star Trek reference in this episode , the hologram and "Please State the nature of the emergency"

i think that this resolution will be like the final Star Terk episode where by trying to fix something, the star trek team caused a problem. Timey Wimey wibbly wobbly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Great little episode, for the annual low budget ep it was surprisingly enjoyable. Funny, heart-warming and it kept my attention. But oh my days next week looks truly amazing... cant wait. Part of me thinks
    the doctor is going to jump through time solving all the cracks he/Amy have left to solve it all, leaving him with a moral dilemma because he has made things better in the end up for everyone once he left them.

Pittens wrote: »
    Dunno about Rory.

Anyone think that there was ( I may be showing my geek side here) a Star Trek reference in this episode , the hologram and "Please State the nature of the emergency"

i think that this resolution will be like the final Star Terk episode where by trying to fix something, the star trek team caused a problem. Timey Wimey wibbly wobbly.

Is it the note that will cause a problem? They made a point of the doctor saying to write the note and to do it in red pen...

Re the star trek reference...maybe. Or I-Robot? And din't they do it in stargate too? (also big geek ;))

angelll wrote: »
    Is it the note that will cause a problem? They made a point of the doctor saying to write the note and to do it in red pen...
    I doubt it has anything to do with the note, that was just so he'd know whose house to go to when the Tardis was stuck, remember he said that's how he found it? :)

• Advertisement

Oh i know,but was wondering if they were making a point with the note or it was just continuation...Prob overthinking it,lol.

angelll wrote: »
    Oh i know,but was wondering if they were making a point with the note or it was just continuation...Prob overthinking it,lol.

Think the point of mentioning the note again was so Amy would have an excuse to look in his jacket (for the pen) so she'd find the ring.

Think the point of mentioning the note again was so Amy would have an excuse to look in his jacket (for the pen) so she'd find the ring.

Oh yeah! God i only finished watching ten mins ago,you'd think i'd remember...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Bowties are cool..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Loved it. One of the best episodes of the season I reckon.
    angell wrote:
    I did read that
    James Corden filmed two episodes
    By the looks of it, himself and Sophie were swallowed up by the crack at the end of the episode so the Doctor will probably end up resurrecting him in the next episode or so
    Only thing that annoyed me was James Corden and the actress's lack of chemistry. Seriously there was none at all. For a one off episode though guess it doens't matter.

The slightly disconcerting thing is he seemed to have more chemistry with the Doctor. There were a few close up faces moments where I thought he was going to plant one. Although James Corden always comes across as ambiguous, you could say the same thing about himself and Matthew Horne.

D'ya think? I have it on sky plus,must rewind and watch that bit again. Have to say it was one of the funniest doctor who episodes so far as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Good episode, a lot better than I thought it would be! As insufferable as the World Cup might be for some, I still really enjoyed seeing the 11th Doctor tear it up on the pitch! Also, saving the Earth from sinister aliens using a towel and a toothbrush. :p

Next episode looks crazy good. Can't wait!

Did anybody else notice that the cracks seemed to open wider as Amy opened the box to her wedding ring? Maybe that little red box is actually the Pandorica, rather than the contraption seen in the trailer? Probably not, but it's definitely going to be very significant. I wonder what's going through Amy's mind right now... does she think the Doctor wants to propose to her, or has she managed to remember Rory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this episode cements that matt smith simply does funny confusing mad man very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought it was fantastic for a "filler episode"... Great comedy in it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

96 was the year of the McGann movie?

Advertisement