Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Terenure Classic Car Show July 4th 2010

Options
  • 11-06-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ireland's largest Classic Car Show will be held in Terenure College on Sunday, July 4th, 2010 . Charities to be supported this year are ARC Cancer Support and St Francis Hospice in Raheny and the Show will again be sponsored by AXA Insurance. Vehicles on display will include Veteran, Vintage and Classic Cars and Motorbikes. Also selected Commercial and Military Vehicles, Kit and Custom Cars, Sports and Super Cars and One Marque Clubs will be invited.

Entry Forms are available on www.irishjagclub.ie and should be returned by June 20th to avail of the €10 entry and commemorative plate. Entries can be paid on the day but the fee will be €20.

Car Clubs/groups and Autojumblers/Traders should contact the IJDC immediately via the website for booking information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

recomended by me as one of the best shows on the island....for what its worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

I never miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭superfly35

I think that is the car show I went last year :-) and after that I dive in the classic car world.

I will go back this year definitely.

The entrance fee of €20 is for people to come and see the car or for people to show their car?

Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

superfly35 wrote: »
    The entrance fee of €20 is for people to come and see the car or for people to show their car? [that haven't pre-booked]

I can't find the entrance fee for Joe Public.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Cannot wait for this. It'll be my first show with my car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

This is a great show and well put together.
    If you enjoy this one you should make the trip to Ballymena on 26 June to the
    www.aovcclassicshow.co.uk
    It's probably bigger than Terenure but has cars that you will never see down South.
    Go to both of these shows and you will see alot of classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Booked in a while back, looking forward to it :D

Hope the marshals remember where our stand is this year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I sent in my app. the other week and still haven't heard back, anyone heard back yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NEVCC

Can I ask a question here…
    This is the very same pricing as our show and yet the very same people who slated us as rip off merchants are quite happy to pay it here?
    Don’t get me wrong I love the Terenure show and we have a large number of our member support it, and it is one of the best shows in the country.
    I just cant understand it…… :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rust or Weld

well i think its a liberty & wont have my car there, i did however pre book mosney & enjoyed it but 20 yokies is too much sorry i will only be a spectator at terenure & for the record there was a good buzz about the entry fee yesterday & a lot of people are peed off about it & wont be back so its up to you lot who organise the shows, i will always have a couple of classics & if this is the way forward i wont be showing them as i cant really afford it at the moment, i just dont get the pay you 10 or 20 to park in a field so other people can PAY to see my car & my work !!

• Advertisement

NickWray wrote: »
    I sent in my app. the other week and still haven't heard back, anyone heard back yet?
    I've been talking to one of the organisers and he said they'll be posting the entry numbers etc. in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

NEVCC wrote: »
    Can I ask a question here…
    This is the very same pricing as our show and yet the very same people who slated us as rip off merchants are quite happy to pay it here?
    Don’t get me wrong I love the Terenure show and we have a large number of our member support it, and it is one of the best shows in the country.
    I just cant understand it…… :mad:

perhaps its the comeritive plate and more centeral location and a better known show. Ive never been to it but ive heard about it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 E30

Car passes will be posted out shortly after the closing date for pre-registered entries on June 20th - please remember to have the pass visible on the windscreen before you enter the grounds.
    Each pass covers the car, driver an one passenger.

Car entries on the day will cost €20 and please download and complete an Entry Form from www.irishjagclub.ie to bring with you.

Entry fees for the public on the day are :
    Adults - €12, Families - €25, Children & OAPs - €5

Proceeds from the show will go to ARC Cancer Support and St Francis Hospice, Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mustang68

E30 wrote: »
    Car entries on the day will cost €20 and please download and complete an ....
    Entry fees for the public on the day are :
    Adults - €12

Its a great show and I love it, but it always irks me when I see that if I decide to bring my car along on the day that I get changed MORE than a member of the public who are paying to see the work we did on our cars.

but still great show and I've prepayed anyway, don't want to sound grumpy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

I know it's for charity but why do the cars have to pay? If there were no cars there wouldn't be a show......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

You can take it as a general rule of thumb that the further a show is from the East coast of this country , the better an exhibitor is treated....

Blue850 wrote: »
    You can take it as a general rule of thumb that the further a show is from the East coast of this country , the better an exhibitor is treated....

how true is that! Some little local shows treat you like a king.... feed you, give you a trophy or a plaque and don't charge a red cent.(mind you the flask at Mosney was much better than a plaque)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Quick question here - is the cheque for entry to be made out to Isabelle McCann herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Ali Babba wrote: »
    I know it's for charity but why do the cars have to pay? If there were no cars there wouldn't be a show......

I dont go to any shows anymore where I have to pay to exhibit my car,to me its like asking a band to pay to play at a concert.
    Even when its for charity the organisers under whatever title they have take any credit going and not the exibitors.
    Anyway alot of these shows are getting stale,I get more of a buzz exibiting my car driving down the high street where it belongs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Anan1 wrote: »
    Quick question here - is the cheque for entry to be made out to Isabelle McCann herself?

Total Enclosed, Cheque made payable to Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show Account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I have to agree with those who question the entry fee here.
    An exhibitor can be charged more than a spectator ???
    Limerick show....€5 per classic (including all passengers) on the day
    €5 per person (adults) for the general public.

However the Terenure (wonder if that woman from the AIB ad on telly pops in) show is the biggest in the country and is always well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

I was at the classic car show and sale in Swords in April.The organisers there have got it sorted very well.
    All cars in the sale area (indoors) have to pay a fee.
    Visiting classics and classic clubs are were admitted free of charge(including all passengers) to a seperate area in the show.
    They could come and go whenever they like and the iceing on the cake was that they had their own gate to exit.No delays,no overheating.
    The organisers here are classic car people and realise that there would be no show without the classics and classic clubs,so they look after them well.
    Still looking forward to Terenure.It't the biggest and the best.

bookerboy wrote: »
    I was at the classic car show and sale in Swords in April.The organisers there have got it sorted very well.
    All cars in the sale area (indoors) have to pay a fee.
    Visiting classics and classic clubs are were admitted free of charge(including all passengers) to a seperate area in the show.
    They could come and go whenever they like and the iceing on the cake was that they had their own gate to exit.No delays,no overheating.
    The organisers here are classic car people and realise that there would be no show without the classics and classic clubs,so they look after them well.
    Still looking forward to Terenure.It't the biggest and the best.
    In fairness that is a completely different scale to Mosney or Terenure

millington wrote: »
    In fairness that is a completely different scale to Mosney or Terenure

and in fairness to terenure, I never had any problem getting in or out...very organised show.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stickied. Best of luck with the show!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

SilverBell wrote: »
    Anan1 wrote: »
    Total Enclosed, Cheque made payable to Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show Account

:D Funny that, I had a right old moan at the Mrs for helping me out. She wrote the cheque out wrong in my absence...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

In fairness Lads almost all the money goes to charity about 60k and some goes to the school whose grounds its hosted in.

If you go along at 5pm you can see all the cars leaving ....so its like classic car live. Earlier if it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's going to be my first time bringing a car, i'm taking a 1986 Porsche 911. How is it organized? Do I park with all the other Porsches, or does it even matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Anon, If you're not showing as part of a club you will be directed to the general area, but don't worry this is still in the show area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

I've attended this show for many years and can say that it's well worth the money! It's bigger now than it ever was (in the past it was in smaller venues such as harolds cross hospice, and portobello barricks one year if I remember corectly).

It'll be my first year bringing a vehicle, and indeed my clubs first year to attend. We're a fairly young club and will be looking for plenty of support - we'll be there early so please call over to us and say hello!

Our website is www.mvpsi.net if you want to take a look at what we're bringing along (its small numbers for a club, but we'll have twice that for next year!)

Looking forward to seeing ye there,
    Daithi

Advertisement