Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Terenure Classic Car Show July 4th 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irish_scimitar

ah missed pre reg for this.. but wil be there in the scimitar! look forward to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 E30

Passes for PreRegistered cars will go out in the post this week.

Car entries on the day will cost €20 but get there early and please download and complete an Entry Form from www.irishjagclub.ie to bring with you. Cars for display must be in place by 1pm at the latest and a designated area of the rear car park will be used as an overflow if required.

Entry fees for the public on the day are :
    Adults - €12, Families - €25, Children & OAPs - €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 milan

E30 wrote: »
    Passes for PreRegistered cars will go out in the post this week.

Car entries on the day will cost €20 but get there early and please download and complete an Entry Form from www.irishjagclub.ie to bring with you. Cars for display must be in place by 1pm at the latest and a designated area of the rear car park will be used as an overflow if required.

Entry fees for the public on the day are :
    Adults - €12, Families - €25, Children & OAPs - €5

Thats just wrong in my opinion.

Charging people who are showing/displaying their vintage/classic vehicle MORE than Joe Soap who parks his car in the carpark and does nothing more than walk around looking at all the cars,enjoying the entertainment.

Without the exhibitors,there is no show,wouldnt you agree?

Why not charge them €12 like the Adults arriving on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

milan wrote: »

Charging people who are showing/displaying their vintage/classic vehicle MORE than Joe Soap who parks his car in the carpark and does nothing more than walk around looking at all the cars,enjoying the entertainment.

You get driver plus a passenger in for €20, so collect a Joe Soap, charge him €12, and you'll get in for less than the rest of us:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Justjens wrote: »
    You get driver plus a passenger in for €20, so collect a Joe Soap, charge him €12, and you'll get in for less than the rest of us:D.

also one gets the plate, and i think a sambo ! and its all for charity lets not for get that, its not as if they are making money !! it goes to charity..

Joe soap maybe 12 euro but 2 people is 24 euro,

prebooking and its cheap, i forgot what it was now as prebooked most of the shows at one time but I think its 10 euro for two plus car.

Its a show thats well worth it, and also always for a good cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Pre registering costs a tenner.
    In fairness, the smaller shows are glad to see anyone turn up. However, once a show becomes successful and gets really big, every dog and devil wants to turn up on the day.
    How can the organisers be expected to let just anyone and everyone in?
    So they incentivise you to book early, and penalise you for turning up at the last minute. Helps them organise the day.

Justjens wrote: »

I'd have herself with me,a black eye is not the best way to start off the day.

okistag wrote: »
    also one gets the plate, and i think a sambo ! and its all for charity lets not for get that, its not as if they are making money !! it goes to charity..

Joe soap maybe 12 euro but 2 people is 24 euro,

And 2 cars is 40 euros,which is 2 cars Joe Soap gets to look at for alot less.

I know its for charity lads,never disputed that fact,but you need support from people to help charities,pissing people off wont help the chosen charity at all.

SilverBell wrote: »
    Pre registering costs a tenner.
    In fairness, the smaller shows are glad to see anyone turn up. However, once a show becomes successful and gets really big, every dog and devil wants to turn up on the day.
    How can the organisers be expected to let just anyone and everyone in?
    So they incentivise you to book early, and penalise you for turning up at the last minute. Helps them organise the day.

Isnt the pre registering date long gone?

Letting everyone and anyone in?
    Eh,isnt that the whole point of a Vintage Show,let everyone and anyone show what they have?
    Penailising people for deciding to enjoy a sunny day while showing there old car?

Im sorry but theres no defense in my eyes for charging more to people who turn up on the day to show their car as opposed to people who turn up on the day to see the cars.
    Its just greed in my opinion,simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Isnt the pre registering date long gone?

Letting everyone and anyone in?
    Eh,isnt that the whole point of a Vintage Show,let everyone and anyone show what they have?
    Penailising people for deciding to enjoy a sunny day while showing there old car?

Im sorry but theres no defense in my eyes for charging more to people who turn up on the day to show their car as opposed to people who turn up on the day to see the cars.
    Its just greed in my opinion,simple as that.

Pre register date was 4 days ago, the 20th.
    There is only a finite amount of room at the grounds. I'm guessing they cant let everybody in. I'm just imagining what its like if you are an organiser for these events. Big shows have to be controlled and organised I guess.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

I was speaking to one of the Jaguar club committee this afternoon and said that it is the highest amount of pre registered entires into Terenure on record!

SilverBell wrote: »
    Big shows have to be controlled and organised I guess.:)

And priced accordingly,which this show is not doing unfortunately.

Anyway,I could be here all day arguing the facts,gave my opinion,hope the show goes well for the chosen charities and lots of people turn up BUT maybe the organisers might review their pricing plan for next year,before they turn more people off shows like this.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rust or Weld

I agree with Milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

so do I on principle...still a great show though even if it will cost me well over €100 including petrol.....

entry for classic car owners should be free and forget the plate and the sandwich...

corktina wrote: »
    so do I on principle...still a great show though even if it will cost me well over €100 including petrol.....

entry for classic car owners should be free and forget the plate and the sandwich...

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

heading to Belfast that week end military vehicle show on at Greys Point Fort just outside Belfast on the Bangor road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GetawayCars.ie

Hi all,

I dont normally go to shows but am making an effort to attend this one. It will cost me well over e200 to travel from Galway with a car transporter so the pre-book fee is small change!

I drive 1915, 1920, 1925 and 1930's, vintage cars all the time, racking up lots of miles over the year so standing looking at my car all day is not normally fun but, I have promised myself to do this show.

A number of questions some of you seem to be in the know here;

1. Where can I park my transporter, its around 40feet long?
    2. Are the exibits roped off?
    3. If not, can we do this ourselves (I carry insurance PLI insurance)?
    4. What is the 'Center Circle'?
    5. Where do I park the car, are they grouped or random?

While I do want to show my car, I will NOT allow it to be used as a playground for bored children or mis-informed adults, I need my car for business and something as simple as a broken door spring would keep it off the road for a considerable time.

I am bringing my 1930 Packard Presidential, first owned by Buster Keaton, it was also in 'Empire of The Sun', the epic Stephen Spielberg film.
    (it was also in the recent 'Denny' ad, maybe not as glam, but there you go!)

See you all on the day, I will be the one with the Stun Gun!

Regards,

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

You should be able to park the transporter on fortfield road beside the green opposite st pius's church look on google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭kyote00

I have always attended terenure but will not be there this year....

I find the requirement for clubs to prepay this year is a pain in the arse ..... you need to prepay a minumum of five slots and IMHO is passing needless paperwork over to the clubs who wish to attend....

I don't really understand the reason prepayment -- prebooking yes-- but there is always loads of space for everyone

As for the "Austin Martin" plate last year :eek:

kyote00 wrote: »

I find the requirement for clubs to prepay this year is a pain in the arse ..... you need to prepay a minumum of five slots and IMHO is passing needless paperwork over to the clubs who wish to attend....

I don't really understand the reason prepayment -- prebooking yes-- but there is always loads of space for everyone

that was the year before I think Aidan....:D otherwisw I agree..We got so much grief over booking a club stand at a show "in the north" that I wouldnt bother even thinking of going there in the future...

Terenure I'm looking forward to ..and Trim...because its a CAR show not a tractor or stationery engine show with a few dubious stalls selling trash.

• Advertisement

that was the year before I think Aidan....:D otherwisw I agree..We got so much grief over booking a club stand at a show "in the north" that I wouldnt bother even thinking of going there in the future...

Terenure I'm looking forward to ..and Trim...because its a CAR show not a tractor or stationery engine show with a few dubious stalls selling trash.

Im planning on heading to Trim aswell,work pending.

I know a few of the lads involved up there,genuinely helpful and their expecting a big crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

I booked a club stand and it was no problems at all? Fill out a simple form. 5 cars prebooked is no problem, sure everyone wants to save money and it gets things sped up at the gate.

fair play to you....I was not prepared to fork out €50 in advance and then have to go around an collect it from other members....

fair play to you....I was not prepared to fork out €50 in advance and then have to go around an collect it from other members....
    I didn't have to. I paid my tenner and sent it off with the club stand form. Then everyone else sent it off in their own time :confused:

Ah I see....you should be fine so long as five other members preregistered....

The letter I got says club stands will only be allocated to those with a minumum of "five preregisted entries" .... on dry sunny days, we can get 15-20 cars to attend ... if the weather is bad then only a handfull attend....
    millington wrote: »
    I didn't have to. I paid my tenner and sent it off with the club stand form. Then everyone else sent it off in their own time :confused:

Ah I see....you should be fine so long as five other members preregistered....

The letter I got says club stands will only be allocated to those with a minumum of "five preregisted entries" .... on dry sunny days, we can get 15-20 cars to attend ... if the weather is bad then only a handfull attend....
    Yea there was 7 registered a few weeks back but my list of attendees is 25 :D

my info is that space is allocated according to the pre-bookers.

my info is that space is allocated according to the pre-bookers.
    Yea but when you know the right people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GetawayCars.ie

Hi all,

I have to say that I emailed the club with a few questions about the show and that were most helpfull...a goood and positive note on which to travel to Dublin on!

Pat.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I have to say that I emailed the club with a few questions about the show and that were most helpfull...a goood and positive note on which to travel to Dublin on!

Pat.
    Yup I found them very helpful this year & last year when I've dealt with them. Speedy replies! Only problem was directing us to the wrong place when we were there :o

Advertisement