Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Terenure Classic Car Show July 4th 2010

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rust or Weld

The AOVC show this year had a very good catering service & they learned their lesson from previous years so who hires the crap chippy for these shows? shame rip off Ireland is still alive & kicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

atlantean wrote: »
    I have to say though that the catering was horrendous!

I totally agree - it was possibly the worst catering that I've come across for some time and the prices were a joke. The kid that I ordered my sorry looking chips from seemed to have no idea what was on the menu - if they were serving cold burgers then the cooking staff obviously weren't up to speed on safe food handling. The ice cream prices caused a bit of consternation among punters when I was in that queue later on.

I got my chips soon after arriving, maybe 11.30 or so. My wife commented that the oil that they were cooked in was obviously dirty (lots of black specs stuck to the chips) so standards were very low.

I think that a politely worded email to the organisers would be a constructive way of bringing to matter to their attention - everything else at the show was done to a high standard so I'm sure that they'd prefer to know that people aren't happy about this aspect of things.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Have to say, whilst I do agree with the level of catering, there was cheese on my burger.:P

Why not book a stand? Get a small number together, make a club entry, get an allocated patch and bring a gas barbie? Boardsies can upon entry to the show deposit there grub/cool box and come back to cook it when they are peckish.

Chip in a yoyo for the gas. I know I'd pay for the grill time rather than pay a burger van and it would be a good meeting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't eat there anyway, i'd either bring food or (as I did) wander down to Terenure. The only fault I could find was the lack of bins, although the place was kept pretty tidy in spite of both that and the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

The AOVC show this year had a very good catering service & they learned their lesson from previous years so who hires the crap chippy for these shows? shame rip off Ireland is still alive & kicking

Thats right, AOVC received loads of complaints about last years catering. They acted and put it right for this year.
    The same would happen if people complained to the Terenure organisers I'd say.
    I always take a cool box, flask and a few sambos. And the folks in the Mercedes Club had a little stove and fried up loads of rashers...instant bacon butties!!! Yum!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

I have to say I really enjoyed the day as a spectator. It was the first time I went to the show. After Mosney (I was caught in the melee to the exit), I was a bit apprehensive of what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed my day.

Everything, I felt, was well organised. Hats off to the organisers, the clubs and most importantly to the people who put the time and effort to ensure their car was in tip top shape for the show.

Only minor problem I had was the catering. For me it was what to choose at the sweet stand (bit overpriced), but the OH had to endure the day without a smoothie (machine problems).

Other than that I can't wait for next year.

Oh and thanks to the person (if hes a boardsie) that handed me a complementary pass while in the queue ready to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Went to the car show in Terenure for the first time yesterday and was really impressed. I think there were nearly 1,000 cars on show, a lot of top quality motors. Will definetely be back again next year.
    Here are some photos I took during the day.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=180413&id=604299200&l=2846607bb9

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

245 wrote: »
    I got my chips soon after arriving, maybe 11.30 or so. My wife commented that the oil that they were cooked in was obviously dirty (lots of black specs stuck to the chips) so standards were very low.
    Mine was the same - they looked very poor and if the oil was in such poor condition when they were starting I would hate to think what is was like later in the day! HACCP was most certainly not being followed.

245 wrote: »
    I think that a politely worded email to the organisers would be a constructive way of bringing to matter to their attention - everything else at the show was done to a high standard so I'm sure that they'd prefer to know that people aren't happy about this aspect of things.
    A good idea IMO. Everything else was spot on and it would be a shame to let the money grabbing catering outfit spoil peoples enjoyment of a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

macplaxton wrote: »
    Have to say, whilst I do agree with the level of catering, there was cheese on my burger.:P

Why not book a stand? Get a small number together, make a club entry, get an allocated patch and bring a gas barbie? Boardsies can upon entry to the show deposit there grub/cool box and come back to cook it when they are peckish.

Chip in a yoyo for the gas. I know I'd pay for the grill time rather than pay a burger van and it would be a good meeting point.
    We had a barbecue but the wind stopped it from lighting :(

Advertisement