Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any other Sony Alpha users on here?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have some lenses up for sale on adverts, anyone looking for the 18-70mm kit lens, or a semi-busted 70-300 sigma [MF works fine, AF is choked, though does work with a bit of fiddling] I might also let go of my prized minolta 50mm f/1.8.

Goign where I should have gone in the first place, to an old Nikon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Goign where I should have gone in the first place, to an old Nikon.

Making the same move as I made :)

What do you use nowadays?

I think I was just unlucky with my Sony. It got one light knock and all went hay-wire. I've discussed it with other Sony users who've had their cam's fall from a height, and not a bother. It's a pity as I had just begun o build up some gear for it. I have all the range I need for the moment. but no good if the camera isn't fully functioning as it should. It makes every shot unnecessarily harder.

Looking at D80/D200 - think I'll pass on D60 models.

Don't suppose anyone wants to trade Nikon lenses for Sony ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

What do you use nowadays?

A D300. Had a Sony a100, was my first DSLR.

Nice! Would love one of those ... some day :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

check out http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp for all you need to know about Alpha/Minolta lenses.
    And dont give up on alpha yet its a great system, have you looked at sigma or tamron lenses they offer great value, its just a matter of checking the reviews for the best value for what you need/want.

my gear
    a700
    sigma 18-250mm
    sigma 70-200mm 2.8
    minolta 50mm 1.7
    minolta 35-70mm macro
    minolta 100-300mm (for sale)
    HVL-F58AM
    redsnapper tripod (great value check them out LINK)
    A couple of lowepro bags and a crumpler 5 million dollar thats for sale

I wouldn't be giving up on it only my camera is actually knackered, it took one light drop and the sensor is out of place and the SSS is shot. One of the reasons I went for an Alpha, the steady shot, now no use.

It takes great pics alright, for such a cheap cam - especially with the 50mm attached. I'm pretty sure it shares the same sensor as the Nikon D80? Far as I know, Sony designed it and sold it to Nikon. I'm looking to sell lenses atm, not buy them. Or a direct swap for a Nikon lens.

Advertisement