Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass Maths P1

• 11-06-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Thought the paper was somewhat convoluted.

Good few bits and pieces that have not been up in a few years....

Opinions on it? Hopefully scraped enough marks to pass it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gutted at how I did, Wanted a B3 or C1 and say I got a C3

Thought the question C's were very hard compared to previous years. even in my strong questions like Complex numbers/Differentiation, I struggled with question C's

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Agreed

Hopefully I got enough marks to scrape a pass paper 1 :o

Roll on paper 2 its far handier than paper 1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I was hoping for an A but now I'm not too sure, it was pretty hard for an ordinary level paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Thought the differentiation question part C was a bit tricky and I think Q 3 part c was also a bit hard for me.

Other than that I thought it was a fair paper, I was delighted when I saw it first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I was hoping for an A but now I'm not too sure, it was pretty hard for an ordinary level paper.

Same. The paper this year was definately the hardest in recent years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this!
    Everyone I talked to in school thought it was ok but I'm a bit meh after it like.
    Part c's were pretty difficult, i couldn't even attempt a couple.

Was not a fan of it. Hopefully paper 2 will be much easier, paper 1 was never my strong point anyway.

Hopefully I won't have to count it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Yeah it was mostly the part c's that I had trouble with, gotta work like crazy for P II now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They'll have to adjust the marking scheme if less people do well overall, I'm not too concerned as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I'm generally fine at maths but that was Really difficult! I'm hoping for a C now, was hoping for an A or high B.
    What the Hell was with Q7?! First principles is NEVER there!
    Really horrible paper =(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Purchiz

complete joke of a paper

question 1 (c) part (ii) was impossible to answer no matter how smart you are or maybe I just read it wrong.

I'd say I got about 30%

I'm ****ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Purchiz wrote: »
    question 1 (c) part (ii) was impossible to answer no matter how smart you are or maybe I just read it wrong.

Basically divide one by the other

220/228.80, get 4%. Then the overall sum was 5500. (220 is 4% of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

c questions were bitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Purchiz wrote: »
    complete joke of a paper

I'd say I got about 30%

I'm ****ed

Was that the question where you had to get the rate and principle? I'm not sure but I took the two interests from each other and got 8.80 or something and divided that by 220 to get 0.04 percent which was the rate. Then I divided it by 220 and got 5500 which I think was correct..
    Anyone know if this is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

I thought it was such a nice paper!

Im pretty confident i got full marks ( high 40's at least) in questions 2, 4, 5, and 7... and q1 was okay , 3 was grand , 6 is the one i doubt il be counting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I'm crap at maths.. hopefully I passed. I only need to get a D3 in the overall exam. Paper two is usually easier than one though, isn't it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PARARORY wrote: »
    I thought it was such a nice paper!

You and only you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Question 6, 7 and 8 were handy, along with question 2

I attempted 3 and 4 but failed to get the C parts..

Still...hopefully i get a C...

I got a B1 last year, don't think that will happen this year :rolleyes: shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

I'm happy with it :D
    there were one or two b/c parts that were a bit iffy but i was able to give them a decent attempt!

Thought it was a very fair paper.
    Some questions were awkward but not terribly difficult.
    I'm happy with it anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I've done honours papers easier then that.

That was a bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

some how i got 2.2% for question 1 c(ii) and 10,000 for the p and it worked out lol... other people are saying different and its making me sad :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Think that paper could have worked out in favour for people who are looking to pass, but less favourably for people who were attempting to get a high grade.

As and Bs were pretty much grand I thought, but almost every question C was harder than any I've done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

I thought it went fine. Some questions were asked in weird ways that I haven't seen before but I think I got them right. They looked correct anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

You and only you mate.

=) my year liked it overall , i think it was because we had a tough mock that our teachers made themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

thank God I decided to study for it this morning or I would have been screwed altogether! I thought the part c's were tricky enough. honours maths was supposed top be a doddle then, thats just taking the biscuit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

it was hard my maths thather is my own personal suppervise because i am doing it on tape told me it was one of the hardist in years but i need a b3
    but Q4 c was a joke it was piss easy 20 marks

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Gutted at how I did, Wanted a B3 or C1 and say I got a C3

Thought the question C's were very hard compared to previous years. even in my strong questions like Complex numbers/Differentiation, I struggled with question C's

Fully agreed with all that.

I'm disappointed really. Alot of the Q C were very difficult. Even an Q B. I thought I would fly through it. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

Well they have given us every formula this year, maybe thats why they toughened it up

i thought it was simple, maybe only 2 c parts that were a bit of a struggle but..easy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Was going for an A in this.. now I probably won't get it. I think I'm in the B area at the moment. Those part C's seemed a lot tougher than previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I'd say I got 70%, I was expecting it to be much easier than it was.

I heard HL Maths was easier than usual, I think that they are trying to bridge the gap a bit. (Lets face it there was quite a large one)

I dont think its fair, however, as the last 3 years papers were much easier:( Especially for the people that struggle to pass and were practicing them years.
    But thats life:rolleyes:

Advertisement