Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment/Money Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Azza was talking to them and they said they do have a deal with sony and we cant use them on xbox. He said we could use our own monitors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Bush80 wrote: »
    Azza was talking to them and they said they do have a deal with sony and we cant use them on xbox. He said we could use our own monitors though.

Does this mean we couldn't use them for Wiis/Gamecubes either?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

This monitor was recommended on SRK http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1660698&productID=S6024172
    €199.65 inc vat.
    Its 22", supports HDMI and VGA and has built in speakers.
    Might be an option, add one of these and you've a nice portable setup.

Sweet, built in speakers is a must I think even if they arent so hot. The walkers have **** speakers already anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

This is (barely) cheaper, and it's what Roogle has up here for DragonSlayers. S'good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Viewsonic have a new monitor out I think with 1ms delay. Fastest there is as far as I know. Might be worth investing in the best of the best.

Also, I'm not sure , but do projectors suffer the same delay issues? A projector would be a nice alternative to a screen. Add to the epicness and what not. Usually pretty easy to find a big blank wall.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Projectors suffer from MASSIVE display lag, I can tell you that from my Rock Band/Guitar Hero experience. You're talking about 200/300 ms average. Although that was a few years ago, so maybe they've come along some what.

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Viewsonic have a new monitor out I think with 1ms delay. Fastest there is as far as I know. Might be worth investing in the best of the best.

Also, I'm not sure , but do projectors suffer the same delay issues? A projector would be a nice alternative to a screen. Add to the epicness and what not. Usually pretty easy to find a big blank wall.
    I can only imagine that costing a fortune - No real need for that extra 1ms down from 2ms, in all reality.

.. and yeah projectors are only really for specs, they're not very playable on any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Much like Poor quality LCDs & plasmas, poor quality projectors have big lag, good ones don't.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Much like Poor quality LCDs & plasmas, poor quality projectors have big lag, good ones don't.
    They're still all too laggy to play on, especially fighting games. :p

• Advertisement

EmSixTeen wrote: »
    They're still all too laggy to play on, especially fighting games. :p

Nope, no they're not.

If you get a projector that supports the native resolution of an xbox or PS3, you'll have feck all lag.

Any projector that supports 480p and above will pretty much match a similar spec'd flat panel.

720 and above will have fook all lag, and as with anything, the more you spend, the better the specs and less lag you'll get.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Nope, no they're not.

If you get a projector that supports the native resolution of an xbox or PS3, you'll have feck all lag.

Any projector that supports 480p and above will pretty much match a similar spec'd flat panel.

720 and above will have fook all lag, and as with anything, the more you spend, the better the specs and less lag you'll get.
    So 190 euro for that then, yeah?

Agreed, you won't get one for €200,

But how many people can watch a final on a 22' monitor for €190 at a tourney vs a 100' plus projection onto a wall from a €600 projector?

I'd say the ratios work out in favour of a projector. And as someone who's strained to see what's going on in a final due to a huge crowd looking at it, a 22' monitor is a waste of money.

My point is don't rule out projectors due to cost.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935996

we should all get these, tape them on our heads

footage from different angles.
    matrix style. imagine the WORLD WIDE exposure.
    gwan ireland

Jaysus the video quality is good for less than a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Well, I think the essentials should be bought, first. Something that will add to the experience of an event:

1156181472-suedafrikanische-fans-blasen-vuvuzelas.9.jpg

Advertisement