Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quick bit of drogheda related help needed

Options
  • 11-06-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

Im doing a clear out of stuff here at home and ive two perfect working portable teles a friend suggested i bring them to cash converters in the ilac centra and get a few bob for them which i like the sound of but i also heard there might be one of those style shops in the abbey centre in drogheda which would be much handier.does any one know if thats true to save me a trip into drogheda only to find they arent there??thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

There is a secondhand store in the abbey centre all right they'll take anything off your hands as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As said there is a place in the abbey , it's actually what you mentioned in the Ilac, a cash trader / pawn shop / scavenger of human misery.

They will offer you buttons for them !!!!! Better off sticking an ad over on adverts for a while and see if anyone is willing to pay you a little closer to what they are worth than the nearly nothing you will get off the the place in the abbey.

I've noticed they have actually expanded and are now taking up 2 shops there so business must be good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

as calex said you wouldnt get much off them for two owld portable tv"s,and thats if they would accept them in the 1st place.
    take a run down to your local charity shop and get some kudos there,and your on the way to heaven;)

Yeah, the con job shop will rip you off to no end, but that's kinda their business model, I suppose.

If you're desperate for cash, then go to them; if not, stick them on Adverts.ie and see what happens, would be your best bet. Even a 'for sale' page stuck in the local post office would do grand, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭rpurfield

might just try that i have them ages not even sure what theyd be worth to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement