Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current licence about to expire / New Licence

Options
  • 11-06-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,

I received my confirmation letter for my licence applications i submitted a few weeks ago. My current licences expire at the end of this month. What happens if don't receive my new licences by then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

You will enter that grey area they like to cal, "ah sure, it'll be grand".
    But you will be fine. I had no in date license for months and continued shooting on as usual. Make sure you buy a few rounds before your license is up in case you have any problems in that area.

Hopefully you will have your license back by then. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Yeah i'm wondering how I'm going to get ammo for my rifle as I have no licence now at the moment either, what are the firearms dealers doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yeah i'm wondering how I'm going to get ammo for my rifle as I have no licence now at the moment either, what are the firearms dealers doing?

Well, if you know your local gun dealer well it shouldn't be much of a problem. My local lad never even asks for the license... risky I know, but we have had a good relationship through the years. I could pick up shot gun shells for the brother too from time to time. It all depends on who you are dealing with. We were living in a small town down the country. Ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sam I Am

At least you have a confirmation letter you can show.
    I'm still waiting for one of those. When I asked for a receipt on submitting my application I did not get a "favourable" response. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but as far as I am aware as long as you have applied before the end of your extension period your licence and extension still stands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My dad is still waiting 6 months later for a confirmation letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 samthe man

Well lads, just got mine in the post this morining:D.....delighted,but tis fair flimsly,tis just laminated paper,i thought something made of plastic would b tougher,it nearly riped in half,:mad: and we are meant to carry it in ll types of weather!!!!!!!:confused:

Advertisement