Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Issue

Options
  • 11-06-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hello there,

I'm hoping somebody will be able to help with an couple of issues I'm having with my contract at work, or even shed some light on what direction I should take.

I'll split them up to make them a bit clearer:

1. I'm a contractor and I have a 12 month contract where I bill the company I work for €x amount each month. From day one I was told to charge the company the same amount each month and days off would not matter as long as I would still be charging them €x amount. Now, after 7 months they have decided that I must take annual leave at my own expense, when all before this it was not the case. There is no mention of how to treat annual leave in the contract. However I look at it like this...I'm billing them for a monthly job. Other contractors are charging per day. I'm just wondering if they are entitled to tell me that annual leave is at my own expense now, especially after 7 months?

2. The company I work for have lost their contract. However, the new crowd that bought out the contract are offering employees of my current company their jobs. As I and a few others are contractors and not employees, we are not being offered the job back. I have signed a 12 month contract and I have received a letter from my current company asking me to sign a document that ends my contract at the end of next month. Do I have to actually sign this? I have signed a contract that said I would be employed for one year, and now their employees are being offered their jobs but not the contractors.

I realise that this post is probably a bit headwrecking to read but if you have any idea on the issues, can you let me know.

Thanks.

Advertisement