Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shape was your graphs in Ordinary?

• 11-06-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

One of mine was like an upside down U and a U together..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

same..mine was very odd indeeed though.. weird points -3,17 and 3,19 or something...grr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

0.M.GXX wrote: »
    same..mine was very odd indeeed though.. weird points -3,17 and 3,19 or something...grr:mad:

Those last two points were way too big, I had to use the entire graph page length ways, you think they would've made them something more realistic to fit on the page.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You could have made your intervals bigger? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Got the same, lets hope were both right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Mine was like this :

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2340/59480600.png

Very very weird, probably didn't get it right. But they were the points in the box, Im sure of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

God I thought I was the only one...
    I got the points (-3, -17) and (3, 17) and the way they corresponded made me feel that they could be ok!

It was the weirdest looking graph I'd ever seen though.

Mine was like this :

Very very weird, probably didn't get it right. But they were the points in the box, Im sure of it.

Which question was that for? It looks kinda like the Q6 graph, but with a line through it. My Q8 one was more curved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mine for Q6 was 2 seperate ones

Oops, Shouldn't of connected them :P I thought because it was a function, It had to be connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Enid. wrote: »
    Which question was that for? It looks kinda like the Q6 graph, but with a line through it. My Q8 one was more curved.

Yeah i did the same as that, and I think we screwed up noicely by sticking that line in the middle. probably get a few effort marks all the same:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Is this Q6 or Q8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No because it said 2 was undefined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

In question 8 (pass paper) did anyone get the maximum point (-1,3) and minimum point (1,-1)

MariaBabii wrote: »
    In question 8 (pass paper) did anyone get the maximum point (-1,3) and minimum point (1,-1)

Yes!! It took me a minute to realise that I had to go + or - root 1, I thought I was only getting one point out of it. Maths and me don't go at all.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    No because it said 2 was undefined

Your right, but I decided to go with my gut. The graph just didn't look right !!

MariaBabii wrote: »

Sounds right to me (:

Mine went something like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Danger781 wrote: »
    Mine went something like this..
    Thats how mine went aswell.

Weird. Weird. Weird exam paper and graphs...

Thats how mine went aswell.

Weird. Weird. Weird exam paper and graphs...

It would have been a lot different if I had had not remembered to sub in 1 and -1 as well :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

ya i couldnt get the max and min points .. really annoyed me cos i no u have to differenciate then =0 and then sub points back in.. i just think i froze when there was no x^2 in the answer so didnt no what to do.. but i wrote out formla.. du think i would get attempt marks
    i also did out the point table and the 2 points that.... i i didnt have from part i)i labelled them the max and min..
    do you think i will get any marks.. prob not now...

:pac:
    how did people find question 5 .. it saved me.. !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

They're right...I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

Mine was like this :

Do we loose much marks for joining them ????

trepasers wrote: »
    Do we loose much marks for joining them ????

I'm not sure if that would be considered a blunder or if you'd only get the attempt mark.. You'll probably only lose 3 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

one of mine was like this, for question 8 i think

graphj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Liveit wrote: »
    one of mine was like this, for question 8 i think

graphj.png

Mine too.

Thats wrong.. Mine was like that at first because I forgot to sub in x=1 and x=-1

Ah sure I don't really remember or care at this stage. I'm freaking out because I forgot to write calculator model down. :confused: I think I'm gonna have a heart attack I need maths for my course.

Victoria. wrote: »
    Ah sure I don't really remember or care at this stage. I'm freaking out because I forgot to write calculator model down. :confused: I think I'm gonna have a heart attack I need maths for my course.

You'll be fine.. It's only just for a reference for the examiners if they need to check calculator work.. nothing to worry about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicolejessie

were u to use -b formula on ques 3 part c (i)(ii)???:eek:

first princple ques was handy;)

• Advertisement

were u to use -b formula on ques 3 part c (i)(ii)???:eek:

first princple ques was handy;)

Was kinda disappointed with first principles because it would only have been worth about 10 marks the way it was asked there. You would usually get 2o out of that question.

Advertisement