Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data disc and iso- the difference

• 11-06-2010 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

What is the differnce between a data disc and an iso. I was trying to burn data disc of xp sp3 but latest burnaware did not have option of data so i did iso. And it seems the same as the one i burned from the old burnaware as a data.

Did read about iso but do not understand

Last post at http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090512103442AAzTTaJ says technically the same but not equal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

AN ISO is data converted to a special format so example i burn mint iso it produces a bootable linux os.You can drag n drop an iso but it will not boot, you can find free programs to read iso files ,so its similar to a zip file.
    A DATA file is just info eg pics, music, exel / word files,driver files.
    use a cdburner program that has iso burn option, imgburn is the best ,easiest to use.OR i might burn an iso and it installs a game on a cd, installable from the cd.
    you can read a data disc but its not automatically bootable like a linux livecd.

Advertisement