Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business higher level

• 11-06-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

any1 any predictions for business

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

heard HRM is a big area.... thinkin europe as well because of lisbon being a big issue at the end of last yr? also report writing nd eonomic variables!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

make sure you know how to draw what is in Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, and also you will need to know McGregors theory X & Y..they WILL come up

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

transnational hasnt been up in the eu section since 05 and 00 before that
    maybe a 5 year pattern ? dunno lol

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Business plan is on the cards, as is agenda and memo and all of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Question 2 and 3, anyone else here doing them? I think (going by past papers) consumer acts will come up i.e. Sale of Goods..... Any other ideas? How are we all fixed for the A.B.Q?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

*giggles* wrote: »
    Question 2 and 3, anyone else here doing them? I think (going by past papers) consumer acts will come up i.e. Sale of Goods..... Any other ideas? How are we all fixed for the A.B.Q?

Yeah, I think that section is easy enough (jinx much!?) anyway, consumer stuff, TNC, Data Protection act maybe!?, trade unions etc.

ABQ is probably going to be skills/characteristics again.

I'm beginning to wonder about the ABQ. They might (just to put us off guard) not ask about the skills/characteristics of an entrepreneur. It's just something I thought of one day when I was bored offa my head in class. Just a suggestion, nothing concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

i hear break even analysis is a biggie.....report.....economic variables......business plan...

Discuss the following i.e. answer with the effects on sales, costs and confidence. I reckon that's gonna be a big part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

National Consumer Agency seems to be a fairly tipped one for question 1

• Advertisement

dodgystuff wrote: »
    National Consumer Agency seems to be a fairly tipped one for question 1

That's in our book? Oh well......*burns book*

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

That's in our book? Oh well......*burns book*

They've changed the name of director of consumer affairs to that I think

Just so I get this right, it's DFI (Direct Foregin Investment) not FDI, isn't it? My book has some major blunders

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm not predicting anything, in light of the Boland faux-pais!!

I'm not predicting anything, in light of the Boland faux-pais!!

Exactly. Luckily most of my predictions have come up, but business is just too broad to guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Just so I get this right, it's DFI (Direct Foregin Investment) not FDI, isn't it? My book has some major blunders

In Geography it's FDI not sure about business which doesn't help you much :o I'm staying well clear of Question 2 and 3 on those topics. Going to try and answer the other 5 and see how it goes. I heard business plans, reports, break even charts and Insurance are going to come up but I wouldn't take any chances.

I'm staying well clear of Question 2 and 3

I thought you had to answer 2 questions from Section 1?

I thought you had to answer 2 questions from Section 1?

Nope i'm almost positive you don't have to, I never have. I'll check now though.

Edit: It says one question from part one, two questions from part two and then one other question from either section. I only know bits of information from Units 6&7 so I can answer the short questions, I don't need to know anything else from those Units and I can answer 5 others.

That's good, sorry if I got you all worried there

For a mili-second but then I remembered that I did that in the mocks and calmed down :P I find the other questions easier to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

i hate that break even chart! can never do it right.. doing busines on my own this yr but sure might as well have been doing it on my own the past 2 yrs my teacher was awful! i've learn hrm,sem,cap,business structures,managing skills nd activities,insurance nd taxation and organic nd economic variables

did absolutley nothing for business last yr nd i got a C1 was delighted with that..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sugarnutmuffin

hey does anyone know how i can ask questions on this website...im new on it...lol i know great timing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Ah sure biz is handy enough. Make sure to go over units 2,3,4 these contain the abq, short questions and usually q1 on the long as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

You mean, start a new topic?

On the main page of the LC forum, there should be a 'New Thread' button.

Anyway, I'm just learning most of the book for business, and see what comes up on the day.
    Break Even should come up anyway, and hopefully ratios.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

shblob wrote: »
    Ah sure biz is handy enough. Make sure to go over units 2,3,4 these contain the abq, short questions and usually q1 on the long as well!!
    These need to be known inside out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yep. TAKE THAT ADVICE PEOPLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

the labour relations commission is a big tip,
    sources of ideas external and internal
    decision making in the EU
    community development
    market research

just a few tips dont take them to seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

I dunno whether to do ordinary or higher for this....:confused: