Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's doing what, engineering wise?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I know the results haven't some out but which engineering have ye all down on the CAO? Can't wait till septembet myself:D

Which Engineering? 12 votes

Undenominated / Engineering Choice
    0%
    Mech
    16%
    entropicthats not gone well 2 votes
    Aero
    16%
    mayo_laddearlandlord 2 votes
    Electronic
    33%
    JoseJonessebastianliekenreunionBigrob 4 votes
    Biomed
    8%
    Robo_Mike 1 vote
    CAD
    8%
    DesQ2 1 vote
    Product Design
    16%
    NeirBotKealanOCarroll 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Isn't product design a science degree rather than an engineering one?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

its a Bsc degree but based in the school of engineering. many modules are engineering based, materials, machine design etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Product Design
    yeah its technically Science but its in the engineering list in the CAO book so I said id throw it in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bigrob

Electronic
    Come on the Aero! After maths today I think I'm on my way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

Does anyone know if you can pick an elective eg irish,french etc. if you do an engineering course????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

Mech
    Alice10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can pick an elective eg irish,french etc. if you do an engineering course????

I am not sure if you can any more but I know that there was a French or German elective for engineers when I started but there was talk of it being dropped because of the amount of people failing the year because of it.

(Also I picked un-denominated in the choices as I'm doing Applied Physics and the application of physics is engineering :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Electronic
    Yeah, the language option was dropped so you have to do "Introduction to Engineering" instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Aero
    JoseJones wrote: »
    Yeah, the language option was dropped so you have to do "Introduction to Engineering" instead.
    which is more relevant to the course than the language elective would have been. the introduction to engineering module gives you a idea of what is expected off you in coop .

I picked mech by the way in 3rd year now and loving it

Advertisement