Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imagine if copy n' paste didn't exist.

• 11-06-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

ofc I'm not interested but some of you may be, I thought this only happened to Flickr users. :(

Invitation to Join Fine Art America
    FineArtAmerica.com is the world's fastest growing art website for photographers and visual artists. Each day, more than 125,000 visitors stop by to browse our collection of fine art prints and purchase artwork for their homes and businesses.
    As traffic to our site continues to grow, we're looking for talented photographers, graphic designers, painters, and other visual artists to join the FAA community and offer exciting new artwork to our buyers.
    If you're interested in transforming your artistic talent into a flourishing online business or simply networking with fellow artists, Fine Art America provides a broad array of selling and marketing tools which do not exist anywhere else online (see below).
    How much does it cost? FineArtAmerica is 100% free to join. Our free membership allows you to upload your images, create your artist profile page, advertise your upcoming events, issue online press releases, enter daily art contests, chat with other members, and much more.
    If you want to sell prints via our popular print on demand program, there is a $30 annual fee. Once you activate the print-on-demand feature, all you need to do is upload your images, set your print prices, and start selling! We take care of everything, including: printing, framing, matting, packaging, insuring, shipping, collecting payments from your buyers, and sending you your profits each month via PayPal or check.
    If you have any questions regarding Fine Art America or the services that we offer to artists and art collectors, please continue reading below or send an e-mail to support@fineartamerica.com for a quick reply.
    Membership Features
    Build an Artist Profile Page
    Create a beautifully designed profile page featuring your biography, contact information, artwork, blog, upcoming events, press releases, and more!
    Promote Your Artwork
    Upload your digital photos and instantly create beautiful artwork pages which are meticulously designed to encourage sales and attract high search engine rankings. FAA members can sell prints AND originals - 100% commission free!
    Earn Income from Your Art
    Register for our popular print-on-demand program and sell prints of your artwork on paper or stretched canvas with thousands of frame and mat combinations. Simply upload your images, set your print prices, and start selling!
    Create and Send Graphical E-Mails
    Create HTML e-mails in seconds, send the e-mails to everyone on your e-mail list, and then track to see who opens the e-mails! Each e-mail can be customized to include your headshot, samples of your artwork, images from other websites, and more!
    Promote Your Events
    Advertise your upcoming events and press releases in our weekly newsletter. Fine Art America has developed a unique algorithm which allows the newsletter to automatically detect the location of the e-mail recipient and then instantly tailor the content of the newsletter to that location (e.g. Chicago).
    Sell from Your Own Website
    Embed our shopping cart system into your own website and sell prints directly from your site! This allows you to keep your visitors focused on YOUR artwork on YOUR website! You can even customize the look of the shopping cart to exactly match your site.
    Create a Custom Shopping Page
    Create a custom shopping page which features only your artwork. You can adjust the font colors, font sizes, menu colors, background colors, image sizes, and much more!
    Preview at Full Resolution
    Allow visitors to view full-resolution previews of your artwork in order to help them make buying decisions. Fine Art America's unique preview algorithm allows visitors to see the finest details of your images while still protecting the original files from theft.
    Watermark for Added Security
    Add watermarks to your low-resolution images for added security.
    Issue Online Press Releases
    Have you been in the news recently? Post your press releases on Fine Art America for increased exposure and automatic inclusion in our weekly newsletter.
    Participate in Groups
    Join one of our 500+ member-moderated art groups or create your own!
    Participate in Contests
    Join one of our member-moderated art contests or create your own!
    Chat Live with Other Members
    Chat live with other members or discuss art-related topics in the FAA discussion section.
    Create an Art Blog
    Post art-related blogs and receive immediate feedback from other members.
    Post and Find Art Jobs
    Find your next art job or post a job opening of your own!
    How to Join
    If you're interested in joining, simply click here. If you have any questions regarding membership or the services that we provide to visual artists and art collectors, simply send an e-mail to support@fineartamerica.com for a quick reply.
    Fine Art Events Near You
    All of the events listed below are occurring within the next three months within 150 miles of your location. If you want to change your location, you can click here. If you change your location, you can refresh this invitation (i.e. close and re-open your e-mail), and the list should update!
    Simply post your events on FineArtAmerica.com, and they'll automatically be included in our monthly newsletters from now on. There is simply no better way to reach a local audience of fine art collectors... and after all, a local audience is the only audience that can actually attend your events!
    Buy Fine Art Originals and Prints
    Thank You!
    Thank you for reading our invitation! Good luck in 2010!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Can you explain what you're on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

If copy and paste didn't exist ar wouldn't have bothered his arse typing all that out and someone might not have seen it and thought it useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's changed since he first posted so it makes sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it makes perfect sense now, it's still a copy and paste fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Effects wrote: »
    It's changed since he first posted so it makes sense now.

Ah, that'd be it so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I thought some of you might have been interested in it.

If it's a known spam e-mail doing the rounds I do apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Copy 'n' Paste is the Greatest invention since the wheel. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

hmmm..... > mixed reviews

You know that Prt Scr button on your keyboard... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Screen capture pro FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Seriously, what the hell is going on in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I *think* it's a process of sharing information in some form or another?

Tallon wrote: »
    Seriously, what the hell is going on in this thread?

OP copy & pasted info he thought some might appreciate on here. Hence the title, he didn't have to type it all out.

We're just throwing in other ways. Though, the program I bigged up is better for screen captures really. Instead of the one image you get from hitting print screen, then having to open it in software, you can hit it multiple times and all screens save to the desktop ... but ... it's not that relevant here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

OP copy & pasted info he thought some might appreciate on here. Hence the title, he didn't have to type it all out.

Yeah, but is it spam or what? Does AR want us to register on that site? :p

definitely spam.

You know that Prt Scr button on your keyboard... :p

I only know the basics on my keyboard, this smilie one on it is great though. :rolleyes:

Tallon wrote: »
    Yeah, but is it spam or what? Does AR want us to register on that site? :p

I was too lazy to read thru all of it so I thought I'd let you enthusiasts do my work for me...nah I was never interested, I don't go for that type of thing, I like to take a picture and post a picture.
    Sharon Stone to the max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Ugh, that Fine Art America crowd started mailing me about 3 months ago on Flickr. Shower of fcukers.

/mark as spam

Thats what I said in 1st post I assumed only flickr got this type of stuff, I don't have a flickr account.

Advertisement