Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone identify this plant please?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Same plant different pics. We think it might be a pepper of some sort but not sure.

See attachements.

Thanks in advance to anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Hi omma

it looks like a lettuce that has bolted ie. going to seed , possibly rocket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Looks like a tomato plant to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you are right about the pepper, the middle pic has the big floppy leaves that I remember from growing bell peppers. I think you will have to wait for flowers and fruit before you can be certain though - they might be chilli peppers! (seriously I think chillis are on smaller plants)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

looks a bit like bolted spinach to me.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 omma

Yes, it's a weird one. We got our seeds mixed up somehow and they were suppose to be red bell pepper. But these are approx' 3-4 foot high and peppers don't usually grow that height. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh they can, I've had bell peppers grow to at least that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

dardevle wrote: »

looks a bit like bolted spinach to me.:confused:

Yes it looks like that to me also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

+1 for spinach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Definitely spinach,

I let a few of mine bolt for the seeds.

Advertisement