Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

500mm to borrow

• 11-06-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would like to shoot some hares tomorrow and need a 400mm or 500mm lens. Is there anyone that I cold borrow one from? I can give something from my kit in return. I only need it for one day.

Thanks,
    Alex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Canon or Nikon?

The only one I know, off hand, with a Canon 500mm would be kensutz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Sorry, should have mentioned that - canon.
    I don't really need a prime, any zoom will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

500mm ? I find .22 more effective for Hares..... just sayin'

1022_rifle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

sasar wrote: »
    Sorry, should have mentioned that - canon.
    I don't really need a prime, any zoom will do.
    100-400L IS any use?

100-400L IS any use?

Sure thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I have a 600mm f4 IS (Canon) ...if you want to borrow - but need it back tonight or VERY early tomorrow , have to cover a GAA match in the morning at silly o'Clock for the Herald

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I loaned him my lens but I'm sure he would've jumped at yours Paddy!
    Glad to know you have 1 though. ;)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I have a 600mm f4 IS (Canon) ...if you want to borrow - but need it back tonight or VERY early tomorrow , have to cover a GAA match in the morning at silly o'Clock for the Herald

Thanks a lot, but AR got me sorted!

edit... although I always wanted to test the 600mm lens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

PCPhoto wrote: »

PIC or GTFO :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

He does have a 600mm. That and the 500mm are ideal for GAA. Also comes in handy when I'm covering cricket too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

kensutz wrote: »
    He does have a 600mm. That and the 500mm are ideal for GAA. Also comes in handy when I'm covering cricket too.

It must be a ton weight ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just over one twho hundredth of a tonne.

Advertisement