Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Chemistry Predicitions?

• 11-06-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi guys my friends does chemistry and she wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas with HL Chemistry? She needs to get a B1 like seriously bad. We both did kinda bad in geo and shes alright at chemistry she just needs predictions. :eek: :eek: :eek:

If anyone has any ideas, holler up. :pac: :pac: :pac:

Im looking at you Victoria ;) :P :o :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Bleach or one of the Waters for the titration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Bleach or EDTA for the titration. Industrial chem for option A. Electronegativity for Q5. An A1 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Apparently there's a high chance that equilibrium will come up as a full question. I've also been told to make sure I know acids and bases and pH really well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 XXRachelXX

Bleach or EDTA for the titration. Industrial chem for option A. Electronegativity for Q5. An A1 for me.

Do you think electronegativity will be a whole question or just part of the history stuff, also does anyone have any tips for Q3 in the experiment section, the gas one or maybe le chatelier I'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Ok that is pretty helpful keep the posts coming I will let her know and tell her to check online elsewhere too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

XXRachelXX wrote: »
    Do you think electronegativity will be a whole question or just part of the history stuff, also does anyone have any tips for Q3 in the experiment section, the gas one or maybe le chatelier I'm thinking
    It'll be the definition, I think, and there might be a bit on explaining the bonding based on electronegativity values. Equilibrium is a good shout, and the Acid/Base Bronsted/Lowry stuff and pH calculation. Gases too, maybe in Q4. Or a couple of bits and a calculation later.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

fufureida wrote: »
    Hi guys my friends does chemistry and she wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas with HL Chemistry? She needs to get a B1 like seriously bad. We both did kinda bad in geo and shes alright at chemistry she just needs predictions. :eek: :eek: :eek:

If anyone has any ideas, holler up. :pac: :pac: :pac:

Im looking at you Victoria ;) :P :o :rolleyes:

Hmm....... Chem predictions.
    It has to be one of the most predictable subjects ever and the examiners don't seem to be that creative so the same questions are asked again and again and you'll get to know them.

Be really selective and target certain areas for example:

• Organic chem. You'll get a great return from your work in this section.There is always Q2 in the exam which is 1/6 organic preps. Then you are guaranteed 2 more long questions in section B.

• Stick pieces of paper at every important experiment in the book because this is another bit with good return. You always get one question in section A and then questions on experiments will be asked again in the long questions.

• Equilibrium is there every single year

• Water is very easy and will more than likely be there

• pH is popular

• Q5 is always a question on easy stuff, first few chapters of book

• Q4 is short questions, not really a pattern to them just do the old ones because they often reappear. Take a glance at the beginning and do these last because by doing the others stuff will come back to you.

• Study your titrations for a guaranteed Q1 1/8 will be there and even 1/7 because iron was asked last year so you can leave that. Focus on water (EDTA and Winkler) and bleach

• For Q3 in section A I would focus on Mr of volatile liquid, recrystallisation of benzoic acid, rates of reaction experiments and chromatography.

I will be doing every question in the 1st section and this can be done by focusing solely on the experiments. If you do this you’re nearly half way there with the paper. Experiments are key.

If she knows this you will have a choice on the day. Hope I narrowed that down a bit for you. If I was gonna start on this stuff today, ORGANIC & EXPERIMENTS. Forgot to say the organic preps that are most likely would be soap, ethanoic and ethanal.

=]

Chemistry HL -
    Q1 Bleach
    Q2 Ethanal and Ethanoic Acid
    Q3 Rates of Reaction/Molecular Mass of a Volatile Liquid

I know nothing about chemistry but this is what i found!

THANK YOU SO MUCH VICTORIA I LOVE YOU!!!

Chemistry HL -
    Q1 Bleach
    Q2 Ethanal and Ethanoic Acid
    Q3 Rates of Reaction/Molecular Mass of a Volatile Liquid

I know nothing about chemistry but this is what i found!

THANK YOU SO MUCH VICTORIA I LOVE YOU!!!

No problem =]

Victoria. wrote: »
    No problem =]

You reckon your list is da rael dael?

• Advertisement

You reckon your list is da rael dael?

:pac:
    I'm pretty confident in it yep.
    All my things came up in English and Geography!
    These will be what I will base my study around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lib23

Goodluck to all doing chemistry tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yaknowamsayin

Wow thanks, that really narrows it down. 15 hours left to study all that

Advertisement