Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic Style Standard bike

• 11-06-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey. Can anyone recommend a classic style standard bike?

I like the Suzuki TUX but there seem to be so few of them about, I cant get them. Some of the classic hondas look all right, but I dont know anything about engines, so best stay away from older types of bikes

thanks alot

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

What's your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Kawasaki Estrella is a nice little bike, along the lines of the Suzuki TU, looks more "classic" maybe.

One for sale here, though you'd think he didn't want to sell it from how bad the photo is.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

nice, I like that Estrella. My budget is around 2k for a used bike. Its only 250 or less that I need to be riding around on till I can get a bigger bike when I pass the test in 2 years

crap, that estrella is sold I think. They dont hang around. I will keep an eye out for estrella's in the future, thanks Mike.

Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

crap, that estrella is sold I think. They dont hang around. I will keep an eye out for estrella's in the future, thanks Mike.

Pity! I saw a lot of them in Thailand, Japan and Korea, but haven't seen any in Ireland yet. They're a lovely looking bike.
    Any other recommendations?

A guy on adverts has this - a Yamaha SR 400 it's 400cc but I think it's about 30Bhp, so it's learner legal. I think it's a great looking bike.

I guess it's a toss up between a bike you really like that you might be afraid of dropping as you learn, versus something a bit more practical that you won't mind the possibilty of getting a few scratches, but that doesn't excite you as much.

I have a restricted Kawasaki W650 that I'm incredibly happy with, but I'm not sure how good that would be for a beginner - I'm more comfortable on it than any other bike I've ever had, including the little 125 I started on, for what it's worth.

• Advertisement

thats another nice bike Mike. Nice paint job on the tank, and classic spokes.
    I was thinking that something less than 2k I wouldnt mind dropping a few times. Nothing Im too precious about.

I might get the funds ready and wait for a estrella or TUX to come up and get on it fairly quick. Ill have a think about that Yamaha tho, its does look fairly cool. For my first bike Im not looking for anything sporty. (For any bike for that matter, I dont want anything sporty)

Advertisement