Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting HL 2010 Prediction/Hints?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi, anyone got their ideas on Accounting, post them up?

I'm thinking:
    Q1 Company Final Accounts
    Q5 Intrepetation of Accounts
    Q6 Club Accounts
    Q7 Correction of Errors and Suspence
    Q9 Flexible Budgets

Personally I would nearly cry with joy if Flexible Budgets and Company Final came up!? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

1- Company
    2,3,4- Who cares?
    5- Interpretation
    6,7- Club/Service, Suspense, Tabular, Cashflow
    8- Who cares?
    9- Flexible or Master Budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My friend freaked me out saying they moght not put on Suspense...if Incomplete comes up instead of Suspense, I will literally start crying in the middle of the exam. Do you think they will really do that to try mess us up? I don't know what it is, but I just can't get my mind around Incomplete :confused:

Aoifey! wrote: »
    My friend freaked me out saying they moght not put on Suspense...if Incomplete comes up instead of Suspense, I will literally start crying in the middle of the exam. Do you think they will really do that to try mess us up? I don't know what it is, but I just can't get my mind around Incomplete :confused:
    Cashflow is a more likely replacement. Suspense isn't a banker, though. Once you've got interpretation, club/service, cashflow and suspense I guarantee you'll be well covered, and highly unlikely to have to stoop to Interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

If you have Q5 prepared, its a guarenteed question?
    And then if you have Club and Suspence and maybe Tabs, I'd say your fairly safe to be honest, I've prepared Incomplete just incase though, I have 3 days to get ready for it and Physics after Biology on Thursday.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I have Interpretation covered, and Club and Service. I may have a look at Cashflow and see about that, there's just so much layout to learn off for it.

Thanks for the advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Q1 Company (But I'll look over Sole Trader just in case.)
    Is everyone else just leaving out Departmental and Manufacturing?

Q5 - Ratios
    Q6/7 - Suspense/Club/Service
    Q8 - Marginal
    Q9 - Flexible/Production

That's all I'm learning anyway.

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    Q1 Company (But I'll look over Sole Trader just in case.)
    Is everyone else just leaving out Departmental and Manufacturing?

Q5 - Ratios
    Q6/7 - Suspense/Club/Service
    Q8 - Marginal
    Q9 - Flexible/Production

That's all I'm learning anyway.
    I'd look over Manufacturing just in case. It's piss easy, there's no adjustments that are difficult, so it's just a short layout to learn.

I say this because as it is, the paper is shaping up to be a bit too easy, and they might throw in a curveball like that to catch people out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

I would generally go along with the predictions here.

Just so everyone knows, the Departmental is ordinary level only. We don't need to worry about it.

I'd say it'll be Company, interpretation, cash flow, suspense, marginal, flexible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Killio9

i agree with predictions about q1 and 100 markers! don't think its gonna go off suspense,club/service,cash flow,or tabular? cash flow is an obvious 60 mark i heard aswell but dont care much for that!

Do ye think marginal is a definite question 8? it'd be so handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Killio9 wrote: »
    i agree with predictions about q1 and 100 markers! don't think its gonna go off suspense,club/service,cash flow,or tabular? cash flow is an obvious 60 mark i heard aswell but dont care much for that!

Do ye think marginal is a definite question 8? it'd be so handy!

I hope so. It's the only costing question I know quite well. It's just arithmetic really, and a few formulas. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I may have a look at Cashflow and see about that, there's just so much layout to learn off for it.
    It's a lot easier if you remember ORTCEMF (the letters that the headings start with)
    Messi 10 wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows, the Departmental is ordinary level only. We don't need to worry about it.
    No - they are higher level also. They just haven't appeared up as higher level yet. They can do though - it's on the syllabus. I think the reason is because it takes longer to do the actual accounts, that the adjustments (which are the hardest bits, obviously) will have to be seriously cut back, and it isn't a great test of your higher level ability to deal with adjustments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Killio9

. I may have a look at Cashflow and see about that, there's just so much layout to learn off for it.

for that our teacher last year just told us a rhyme,pure cheesy but makes it so easy to remember the layout!

ORTCEMF

Oh Ring Tonight Cos Eddie Might Forget

ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I'd more or less agree with the given suggestions, please god they'll come up, it's all i'm 'revising' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Messi 10 wrote: »

I'd say it'll be Company, interpretation, cash flow, suspense, marginal, flexible.

If that came up I would actually fcuk the examiner there and then :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bobbyrae

1- Company
    2,3,4- Who cares?
    5- Interpretation
    6,7- Club/Service, Suspense, Tabular, Cashflow
    8- Who cares?
    9- Flexible or Master Budget

whats a master budget? i do think it will be flexible but most likely with a twist cause its very easy and also came up basically the same as normal in 2008 8 b ! if its not flexible i think it will be the exact same as last years q9 because that was obviously poorly answered! nasty q!
    also to point out i think they can actually ask departmental id freak if they did tho! we didnt do it... id love club suspense company marginal(by itself)/or flexible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Are Cash Flows really such a likely prediction as 100? Considering they'd only been really up on 08 I didn't think they were that likely and didn't give them much focus =/

My prediction
    1 - Company
    2,3,4 - Don't know or care..
    5 - Interpretation
    6/7 - Club/Service and Suspense (My accounting teacher thinks they've decided clubs are too easy for 100)
    8 - Marginal Costing
    9 - Master Budgets

Also, for cashflows I have "Oh! Rabid tabby cats are eating my face" if that helps anyone =)

6/7 - Club/Service and Suspense (My accounting teacher thinks they've decided clubs are too easy for 100)

yes iv actually thought about that but u know accounting they probably put them on with a twist! :S or else service?i hate that though!

The story with the rarity of cashflows is an interesting one. AFAIK, the Accounting Standards Board (I think that's what it's called) changed the system for those, and so it couldn't be asked in the LC until the new format had been taught, hence it not appearing for the best part of a decade. It's just as likely as Club/Service though IMO. Tabular is maybe a bit too easy for a 100, but it'd be a nasty curveball to throw at us.

The story with the rarity of cashflows is an interesting one. AFAIK, the Accounting Standards Board (I think that's what it's called) changed the system for those, and so it couldn't be asked in the LC until the new format had been taught, hence it not appearing for the best part of a decade. It's just as likely as Club/Service though IMO. Tabular is maybe a bit too easy for a 100, but it'd be a nasty curveball to throw at us.

i think cash flows are fine ..once u hav the layout learnt! hopefully not tabs i dont like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eluminous

likelyhood of departmental coming up for q1? xD

I will literally cry/rip up the paper if they actually have to balls to put it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Any predictions for 2/3/4?

We don't do q1 !!!!

Eluminous wrote: »

I will literally cry/rip up the paper if they actually have to balls to put it on

oh i know il be so pissed if they do! im hoping that they wont cause i have company done really well!and even sole trader and manufacturing

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Eluminous wrote: »

Done one question of a departmental in the last 2 weeks of school and didn't pay much attention to it cause I thought it won't come up, if it does I reckon we all just walk out of the exam hall there and then, who's with me? :p

Advertisement