Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing the Paper

• 11-06-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Our superintendent takes them up un-sealed unless you used a treasury tag. Is that weird...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

...? Weird! Omg lol maybe she/he is marking em

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

That seemed a little odd. We seal all ours, treasury tag or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Yeah that is kinda wierd.
    I prefer to seal my own paper, so at least I know that I've sealed it and that any extra sheets are inserted and didn't fall out or whatever.
    I must say the superintendent is creating a lot of work for themselves, and it is a lot of responsibility, especially if something happens and someones graph sheet or whatever goes missing.
    If I were you, I would just seal my own, regardless of what they say. They can't throw you out for sealing your answer booklet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

It's a bit odd... I'm sure it's nothing to worry about!...hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Has she been the same for all exams? Thats really strange, our superintendent is taking no responsibility like that whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Ya wanna watch she's not compromising your papers by slipping a few 50's in.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yep ours does the same. I just realised that I forgot to put the name of my calculator on the booklet. I think I'm gonna be sick after working my ass off in maths.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Why don't you just seal them anyway?

The sticky bit is there for that reason?!

I'm sure that your examiner won't smack you for it!

:P

Victoria. wrote: »
    Yep ours does the same. I just realised that I forgot to put the name of my calculator on the booklet. I think I'm gonna be sick after working my ass off in maths.:confused:

I really really really wouldn't worry about it! If you're getting upset about it you could call the SEC about it and see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

They'll think you're a genius and that you didn't need a calculator :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

on another note do the extra pages (eg. graph paper etc.) have to be sealed in the booklet or can they be attatched just by the string thing?
    Our attendant seems inexperienced and she told us we could put it on the outside because some people were having difficulty sealing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

wtf is a treasure tag??

Conor108 wrote: »
    wtf is a treasure tag??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasury_tag

Conor108 wrote: »
    wtf is a treasure tag??

The string thing that you hold on extra pages with

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

DL Saint wrote: »
    on another note do the extra pages (eg. graph paper etc.) have to be sealed in the booklet or can they be attatched just by the string thing?
    Our attendant seems inexperienced and she told us we could put it on the outside because some people were having difficulty sealing it

It says on the pink slip of the sealing part that all material must be inside the booklet, additional pages etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Lads the things ye worry about, seriously...

If it bothers you then seal it, he's hardly going to rip it open!

gemxpink wrote: »
    It says on the pink slip of the sealing part that all material must be inside the booklet, additional pages etc.
    ****,so could they cancel my paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

Victoria. wrote: »

Don't worry! The same person will be marking your Paper II, so just don't forget to put your calculator type on your Paper II answer booklet! I'm sure thousands of students forget to do this every year, no biggy! :)

DL Saint wrote: »
    ****,so could they cancel my paper?

I doubt that very much, I'd just say there's a fairly strong chance of the outside pages getting ripped off accidently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

yeah thats very strange......i think he would get in alot of trouble if he was found out...

• Advertisement

Lads the things ye worry about, seriously...

If it bothers you then seal it, he's hardly going to rip it open!

Haha I know it was just bothering me... There's so many different things to worry about... :P

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I doubt that very much, I'd just say there's a fairly strong chance of the outside pages getting ripped off accidently
    yeah I suppose theres a chance of that!
    Has anyone on here who has marked papers ever seen/heard of a script when all the extra pages were not inside the booklet? and if so what happened?

Whenever I use an extra page I write on the booklet "see attached page" just in case it isn't there... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I dont know why he wouldnt let ye do that, it doesnt make sense and its against the rules:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

zam wrote: »
    Whenever I use an extra page I write on the booklet "see attached page" just in case it isn't there... :P

I like this idea.
    I think I might do this in any exams just to be on the safe side.
    So far I've not used any extra paper, not even graph paper in geography..:rolleyes:
    haha.....
    Where I would have found time to do a graph, I don't know!!

But anyway... yeah it's a bit odd as they're supposed to check that the papers are properly sealed and that exam no's are on etc etc. Just seal it yourself when you're finished though, they can't say anything to you about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Have to say this is my favorite part of every exam, once you've sealed it your happy in the knowledge that you'l never have to look at another book of that subject ever again. (Unless you repeat :()

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

your examiner seems a bit dodgy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

My superintendant is an idiot... shes about 19, and she tuts and clicks her fingers at you when you dont seal your paper fast enough! She forgot to hand out the log books until we reminded her, shes constantley on her phone and never looks up so when you need more paper your wasting time waiting for her to unglue her eyes! Btw is it necessary for them to write what time they give you paper at, like when i asked for graph paper in geography she wrote 11:15 on it, how come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

muffinz wrote: »
    My superintendant is an idiot... shes about 19, and she tuts and clicks her fingers at you when you dont seal your paper fast enough! She forgot to hand out the log books until we reminded her, shes constantley on her phone and never looks up so when you need more paper your wasting time waiting for her to unglue her eyes! Btw is it necessary for them to write what time they give you paper at, like when i asked for graph paper in geography she wrote 11:15 on it, how come?

They're not suppose to be using their phones :rolleyes: See that supervisor that got sacked for tweeting about supervising, the tool!
    Yeah, our one writes the times on extra paper too, well, just the first time, she's used to me asking for extra paper all the time now though... abnormally large hand writing and what not!:o
    AND it's really bugging me that the papers won't seal right when you've got extra sheets in! :mad: s'pose if that's all that's bugging me I'm not doing too bad..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Yes, the fact that they dont close properly annoys the heck outta me! In geography, i was trying to get the rod thing through all the holes, but it wouldnt go through, then it wouldnt close as there was too much stuff... so stupid!!

Advertisement