Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Football

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Just watch Big Brother or whatever other shíte is on atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I bet you love Britains got talent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

when did he sign for inter-pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

/conformity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who cares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I Was VB wrote: »
    Why do us non-football fans have to endure the endless ****e that will be forced down our necks???

I dont care if the goal keeper person from Manchester Rovers is playing for Inter-Pool, so stop gicking on about it!!!
    Your interested enough to get the names wrong on purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You brought it up.

Besides, even if you live in the arsehole of nowhere and only have an aerial on your telly, football is on a maximum of 25% of the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Your interested enough to get the names wrong on purpose

I was interested enough to make a smart arse reply.

Hate football, Big Brother, My dogs got talent.

Yada, yada, yada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I was interested enough to make a smart arse reply.

Hate football, Big Brother, My dogs got talent.

Yada, yada, yada.

Coronation street? Fair ****ty? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Which town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I don't mind the football. But those flipping voo-voo zela horns, or whatever they're called, put my head away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

For me this is one of the great benefits of living thousands of miles from home. Nobody gives 2 ****s about the premiership over here \o/
    Even the world cup is getting about as much attention as the fas milk race over here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Football is ****e, I dont know why they have a midfield just a waste of time watching lads making passes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Soccer as some would call it, is one of the only sports on this planet I absolutely despise and for the following reason.

rovert wrote: »
    Football is ****e, I dont know why they have a midfield just a waste of time watching lads making passes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bonerm wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im right and they should make the goals bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ah stop your moaning and go to the pub like me. Or stay here and enjoy your night bitching about football :P

Im right and they should make the goals bigger.

Nah they should make the goalkeepers smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

oh and I also just realised when he said "us non footballing fans" he meant "us in a group", i thought he was actually on about non footballing fans from the US!

• Advertisement

bonerm wrote: »
    Nah they should make the goalkeepers smaller.

Dont be silly

Seriously midfield WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I like football, nurtures my racist tendencies and fans the flames of my old grudges

Dont be silly

Seriously midfield WTF?

Midfield is like the HSE. It has to be there, just nobody is sure why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm a football fan, but even i have to admit that a month solid of footy is too much

so for that i can sympthaise with football-haters who live in a household where the zapper is controlled by a footy-facist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why do us non-football fans have to endure the endless ****e that will be forced down our necks???

I dont care if the goal keeper person from Manchester Rovers is playing for Inter-Pool, so stop gicking on about it!!!
    Why don't you just... you know... not watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Don't watch it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Get over it lads, the WC (obviously this is whats stemming the rant) is the biggest sporting event in the world, and arguably the biggest event internationally of all time. Despite a select few countries it captures the interest of the whole world, from the poorest in Africa to the richest in Europe and everything in between.

The sport is fantastic, you can meet someone in the middle of Europe, South America, Africa, Australia and they will be able to have a kick around. The scarcity of goals is what adds to the sport, it makes each goal ridiculously important.
    It is easily more important and more popular than every other sport in the world.
    If you can appreciate technical and physical skill watch football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Forget about making things bigger and smaller, what they really should do it launch a service where you can subscribe and have hundreds of stations beamed into your telebox via some sort of Satelite or something!

That way, when football is one 2 stations, say RTE2 and BBC1, you can pick up a Thingamagigywhatsit (maybe we might wanna call it something else, it's basically a way to remotely control the tv) and change the station and not watch the football.

It might catch on, ya never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

A solid month of football...

...once per every 4 years. :D

Im in heaven!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Forget about making things bigger and smaller, what they really should do it launch a service where you can subscribe and have hundreds of stations beamed into your telebox via some sort of Satelite or something!

That way, when football is one 2 stations, say RTE2 and BBC1, you can pick up a Thingamagigywhatsit (maybe we might wanna call it something else, it's basically a way to remotely control the tv) and change the station and not watch the football.

It might catch on, ya never know!

Nonsense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

We are one day closer to the end of the WC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I might add the WC is only every 4 years, were subjected to sh1te on tv week in week out all year around, this is a gift for people interested (which is the vast majority of people), leave us alone and stop moaning.

Two draws in two games .... and with that we're that much closer to deciding the worlds best country. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

A lad I know was telling me lots of stuff about football once, I had to cut across him and tell him I had no idea what he was on about and I didn't like football.
    Then he told me he hated it too but just watched it so he'd be able to chat to the lads. I lol'd.

I grew up in a football MAD house, so it doesn't bother me, it's just background noise or a drinking excuse. :)

Lads passing to other lads in the middle of the pitch for the next 29 days. Yippee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Can you believe Henry appealed for a handball? irony

God i love football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lads passing to other lads in the middle of the pitch for the next 29 days. Yippee.
    Beats watching rasslin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Next person to post after this, complaining about football - the greatest game in the world - has a serious dose of the ghey, has a fetish for rubbing teddy bears with their cock & likes to drink milkshakes made from rat cum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Being picked last in P.E and bullied by the thin boys in school still rankles eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

As I said in a previous post, nobody is forcing you to watch the World Cup, so don't if you don't like football!Simple enough I would have thought.

• Advertisement

Next person to post after this, complaining about football - the greatest game in the world - has a serious dose of the ghey, has a fetish for rubbing teddy bears with their cock & likes to drink milkshakes made from rat cum.

Football is RUBBISH!!!!!

Beats watching rasslin

Id rather watch rest holds in Wrestling than rest holds midfield in football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Soccer as some would call it, is one of the only sports on this planet I absolutely despise and for the following reason.

So you prefer rugby because it descends into violence?

schween wrote: »
    I grew up in a football MAD house, so it doesn't bother me, it's just background noise or a drinking excuse. :)

See that's what the world cupán is all about ....

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    As I said in a previous post, nobody is forcing you to watch the World Cup, so don't if you don't like football!Simple enough I would have thought.

Oh I dont watch it, the Vuvuzela trolling caught my attention

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Nobodys forcing you to do anything. I can see why some people dont like football and thats fair enough but Im sick to the teeth of anti-football people [like you] who whinge and bítch about it and call it "endless shíte".

If you dont want to watch it there are 300 channels NOT showing it so why dont you watch them and stop fúcking whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OP I'm sure I hate something you like. You don't like the most popular sport in the world, build a bridge and get over it.

I hate Eastenders..... and Corronation Street......... and Emmerdale....... (i'm not as smart as the OP, if i was i'd have called them CorronationEnders and Easterdale etc).

And when they are on, i just watch something else!

It's simple!

The World cup is on for the next month and won't come back around until 2014! Corronation Street has been on almost every night for 1960. In fact, it was on twice a night this past week!

So i change the station! Simples!

OP I'm sure I hate something you like. You don't like the most popular sport in the world, build a bridge and get over it.

A bridge would be an improvement on the middle field.

A bridge would be an improvement on the middle field.

A bridge? Then how do you expect the 4th defenceman to notch up 2 touch-downs and a home-run to spread the play?

You're crazy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement