Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

rovert wrote: »
    A bridge would be an improvement on the middle field.

It actually wouldent. In fact it would severely hamper the efforts of the players in the achievement of their objectives and in turn would frustrate spectators that every time a team was to venture forward they would have to navigate a bridge.

Therefore it would be the opposite of an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I love football, they should have more football on television.

Currently they only have The Premiership, Championship, Eircom League, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Europa League, La Liga, World Cup European Championships and International Qualifying.

We all know that is not enough.

If anything, all other sports should be banned and the whole world should just play football the whole time.
    I would say world peace would break out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"I hate football.. wah, wah, wah.. I'm a little girly man... wah, wah, wah..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It actually wouldent. In fact it would severely hamper the efforts of the players in the achievement of their objectives and in turn would frustrate spectators that every time a team was to venture forward they would have to navigate a bridge.

A deprovement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A bridge would be an improvement on the middle field.
    No it wouldn't. A good midfield is vital to any team. Bet you have never heard of greats such as Pirlo or the sadly forgotten Makelele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

The world cup is more than just football. It's an event which brings the world together in a fun, peacefull and entertaining way. It connects people from all over the world. It's a celebration of every country.

The hosting country is also used to improve infrastructure, create jobs, tackle crime and bring awareness to the countries such as aids HIV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Too late I sent the email to Blatter

MrStuffins wrote: »
    A deprovement?

No,a unprovement silly :rolleyes:

:( Rovert,Blatter would most likely think it would be a great idea!

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I love football, they should have more football on television.

Currently they only have The Premiership, Championship, Eircom League, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Europa League, La Liga, World Cup European Championships and International Qualifying.

We all know that is not enough.

If anything, all other sports should be banned and the whole world should just play football the whole time.
    I would say world peace would break out.

Serie A, Bundesliga, Eridivisie, Portuguese League, A League (highlights)......... i could go on!

• Advertisement

No it wouldn't. A good midfield is vital to any team. Bet you have never heard of greats such as Pirlo or the sadly forgotten Makelele.

I want the AAA or Dragongate of football. Flippy football with no restholds.

do you have Alzhiemers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

You should buy one of those TV's that let you change the channel and even have an OFF button.

They're really handy

do you have Alzhiemers?

What? Who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

No,a unprovement silly :rolleyes:
    Disimprovement, surely!?

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So you prefer rugby because it descends into violence?

No, I like it because it's a real mans sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

do you have Alzhiemers?

What are you on about? Israel didn't even qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

djhunter30 wrote: »

For real men, who like sticking their heads up each others arses.

PK2008 wrote: »
    You should buy one of those TV's that let you change the channel and even have an OFF button.

They're really handy

I'd read a book, but when in Easons the other day they had a whole section dedicated to football books.

Why do us non-football fans have to endure the endless ****e that will be forced down our eyeballs???

I dont care if the goal keeper person from Manchester Rovers is playing for Inter-Pool, so stop writting about it!!!

Because there were many football books, i couldn't but anything else you see!

What is a real mans sport?

bonerm wrote: »

Course they did,they bit Nadal in the play off :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

MMA

Nope, but that won't stop them dropping down from a Helicopter and stealing Algeria's spot!

MMA

The Masculine Men Association?

MMA

Unless you're Jamie Yager!

Ill rip your heart out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Rugby

Mixed Martial Arts, good try though.

You don't see any of lads crying to the ref at the first chance they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

MMA

Yo MMA?

Unless you're Josh Koscheck!

Randy leaning on dudes against a cage is very midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Mixed Martial Arts, good try though.

Yep. Two near-naked men rolling around on top of each other for five minutes enjoying the aroma of each others sweat. Personally I can't think of anything more manly than that.

• Advertisement

That's because it wouldn't benefit them, would it?

In football they go down so easily to try and benefit their team. Yes it's not nice but it is a win at all costs attitude.

Yep. Two near-naked men rolling around on top of each other for five minutes enjoying the aroma of each others sweat. Personally I can't think of anything more manly than that.

You realise there is a stand up game too, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

stovelid wrote: »
    Yo MMA?

Muppets Mincing About

That's because it wouldn't benefit them, would it?

In football they go down so easily to try and benefit their team. Yes it's not nice but it is a win at all costs attitude.

Sad really, suppose if they're not talented enough as a player, they may as well use their skills as a drama queen.

You realise there is a stand up game too, right?

Unless you're Shinya Aoki!

Sad really, suppose if they're not talented enough as a player, they may as well use their skills as a drama queen.

As opposed to beating the ****e out of your opponent and getting sin binned or sent off and letting your team mates down?

Damn cage fighters

Welly throwing,now that is a mans sport.

I often partake in it myself,never won but have placed 2nd. I was beaten by a women in one competition but in fairness she would give any man a run for his money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I like football, nurtures my racist tendencies and fans the flames of my old grudges

Once it was wrong to focus on the colour of our skin as a means of dividing us, we settled on the colours of our jerseys instead ;)

• Advertisement

Women's basketball is a mans sport

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Soccer as some would call it, is one of the only sports on this planet I absolutely despise and for the following reason.

So you like your sport to encourage blatant thuggery?

This doesn't happen in soccer because throwing punches means a player would get sent off.

Very few of them punches landed anyways, would have just been called handbags in a soccer match. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I Was VB wrote: »
    Why do us non-football fans have to endure the endless ****e that will be forced down our necks???

I dont care if the goal keeper person from Manchester Rovers is playing for Inter-Pool, so stop gicking on about it!!!

Have you ever wondered why these were invemted?

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20040607_6_remotes.jpg

srfc19 wrote: »
    So you like your sport to encourage blatant thuggery?

This doesn't happen in soccer because throwing punches means a player would get sent off.

Very few of them punches landed anyways, would have just been called handbags in a soccer match. :p

No see,they would get sent off,just after they tire each other out! Would you try to stop a rugby fight?!

And rugby isent full of thugs,of course there are some,but mostly its full of civil people.

From the grass-root under-age level players are taught to respect the ref and not question him,just to get on with it.

As opposed to beating the ****e out of your opponent and getting sin binned or sent off and letting your team mates down?

I'd rather see a lad get send off for good reason, as opposed to some lad diving to gain the unfair advantage due to lack of talent. Anyway, unless you're a real dirty player, sinbin is only temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Football is awesome :D!!! As sports go, it's hard to beat a good 5-a side ;).

However, i've much better things to do with my time than waste it watching other people play sports. I actually consider it a bit sad :eek:.

The way i see it, televised sport is something many men take an interest in more to fit in than out of real enjoyment. I consider myself above this sort of behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

From the grass-root under-age level players are taught to respect the ref and not question him,just to get on with it.

That's irrelevant. They see the real pros do it differently every Saturday and Sunday.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    That's irrelevant. They see the real pros do it differently every Saturday and Sunday.

In Rugby?

Its common practice that the captains and any player involved in an incident may talk to the ref,others will be told in no uncertain terms to feck off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

In Rugby?

Its common practice that the captains and any player involved in an incident may talk to the ref,others will be told in no uncertain terms to feck off!

Damn! Thread is about Rugby football.

"Not that way, son. This way. See: thumb in the eye, but only on the blindside."

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Football is awesome :D!!! As sports go, it's hard to beat a good 5-a side ;).

Cuts down on the midfield that

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Damn! Thread is about Rugby football.

"Not that way, son. This way. See: thumb in the eye, but only on the blindside."

What? I'am confused :confused: :pac:

Yup,see rugby they throw sly punches when no one is looking to sort out their problems,football they cry to mammy (ref)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement