Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Football

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You spend most of your time posting about male actors sweating up against each other while dressed in ill fitting spandex.

I don't think you're in any position to play judge and jury here.

No I dont

Retraction please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

rovert wrote: »
    No I dont

Retraction please

Well it's where you made a name for yourself so my apologies if your reputation gives that impression.

You do enjoy the aforementioned pantomime sport though so I'm not incorrect.

Well it's where you made a name for yourself so my apologies if your reputation gives that impression.

You do enjoy the aforementioned pantomime sport though so I'm not incorrect.

What if I did (I dont that much anymore unless it gets good reviews) why the homophobia you cant tell me soccer is 100% masculine either. Quite sad people thanked your post too. Id rather watch sports where some are out than a sport were people are too scared because knuckle draggers like you wont accept them.

Seriously is this the best you can do all because I said midfield is unneccessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

The newspaper headline I am dreading on 12 July: "Wayne's World Cup!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

What if I did (I dont that much anymore unless it gets good reviews) why the homophobia you cant tell me soccer is 100% masculine either. Quite sad people thanked your post too. Id rather watch sports where some are out than a sport were people are too scared because knuckle draggers like you wont accept them.

Seriously is this the best you can do all because I said midfield is unneccessary.

obvioustrollisobviouspic

• Advertisement

Charlie wrote: »
    obvioustrollisobviouspic

Im the one trolling? I wasnt the person who began the name calling.

Name me how many out players there are in the Premiership?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Soccer as some would call it, is one of the only sports on this planet I absolutely despise and for the following reason.

That video does nothing for the integrity of either sport tbh. And just because rugby players are harder and like to scrap it doesn't make the sport any better. I actually can't see what the point of posting that video was. If you want that kind of entertainment watch UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ah when are people going to learn that football and politics or social issues are not the same thing. It's a sport. And like all sports some people enjoy it and some people don't. Excuse your dislike for the beautiful game by admitting you just don't like it, or think it's a useless endeavor or that it just plain bores you. Saying you don't like it because there are no prolific gay figures in the sport is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Personally I love the WC. It's a fantastic month of football and I've been looking forward to it for ages. Three games today, lots of beers and some banter and bets with the family. Can't go wrong really.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Saying you don't like it because there are no prolific gay figures in the sport is a bit ridiculous IMO.

No one said they did, it is just a reflection of it's fans.

No one said it did, it is just a reflection of it's fans.

How is it a reflection of the sport's fans? You're in serious generalisation territory now. You can't judge an entire sport and its fans purely on the opinions and the actions of a few.

• Advertisement

Im the one trolling? I wasnt the person who began the name calling.

Name me how many out players there are in the Premiership?

:confused:

Really not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in china.

Again, obvious.........

How is it a reflection of the sport's fans? You're in serious generalisation territory now. You can't judge an entire sport and its fans purely on the opinions and the actions of a few.

Im judging it on the people who attend games....

:confused:

Really not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in china.

Again, obvious.........

Dont dodge the question.

Have you ever attended a game yourself?

Dont dodge the question.

I'm not dodging anything mate. Just fail to see a question of merit there in the first place.

Let me ask you a question.

How many oranges could a man with only 9 fingers juggle on the moon whilst standing on one leg?

Have you ever attended a game yourself?

Yes when I younger.

Are you implying that TV stations pipe in homophobic chants?

Which is no different to the way I judged your interest in wrestling.

Hypocrite much?

I'm not dodging anything mate. Just fail to see a question of merit there in the first place.

Let me ask you a question.

How many oranges could a man with only 9 fingers juggle on the moon whilst standing on one leg?

You are dodging the as it is too inconvient to answer.

You are dodging the as it is too inconvient to answer.

As both seem about as relevant to the subject as the other, i'll answer your question when you answer mine.

Which is no different to the way I judged your interest in wrestling.

Hypocrite much?

This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

Course it does. You accused me of being a homophobe because I made assumptions about you and wrestling.

You have just made assumptions about every football fan.

1 + 1 = 2

• Advertisement

Yes when I younger.

Are you implying that TV stations pipe in homophobic chants?

How did you draw that conclusion? :confused:

Once again I reiterate that you are judging an entire sport and its fan base based solely on the carry on of a handful of miscreants. This is unfair. Would you judge the entire sport of golf based on the actions of Tiger Woods? Assume that every golfer is a hooker-lovin' cheating scumbag?

I take offense to being called a "knuckle dragger" just because I love football. It's an assumption on your part and a nasty stereotype too.

Charlie doesn't have to answer your question because it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Football is a GAME. A SPORT. Not a platform to advocate gay rights. If you ask me I think you need to get over yourself, being so sensitive could be detrimental to your health.

No I didnt

You made homophobic slurs against me.

Mate, you're dodging the question.......

How did you draw that conclusion? :confused:

Once again I reiterate that you are judging an entire sport and its fan base based solely on the carry on of a handful of miscreants. This is unfair. Would you judge the entire sport of golf based on the actions of Tiger Woods? Assume that every golfer is a hooker-lovin' cheating scumbag?

I take offense to being called a "knuckle dragger" just because I love football. It's an assumption on your part and a nasty stereotype too.

Charlie doesn't have to answer your question because it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Football is a GAME. A SPORT. Not a platform to advocate gay rights. If you ask me I think you need to get over yourself, being so sensitive could be detrimental to your health.

Explain to me why there isnt if any out players in the premiership?
    Mate, you're dodging the question.......

Stop trolling.

No I didnt

You made homophobic slurs against me.

Lol

Anyhoo, yes you did.
    No one said they did, it is just a reflection of it's fans.

We really should stop feeding time.

Stop trolling.

:mad:

I'm trying to get an honest answer to a valid question raised on the subject at hand.

Can you be kind enough to answer it please.

Explain to me why there isnt if any out players in the premiership?

I'm not in a position to do that since I have no insight into any of the players' personal lives. Why? Because I don't care. I pay money to watch them play FOOTBALL. What they do off the pitch is their business.

You're stuck on this point for some reason. If you want to hate football because there are no "out" Premiership players that's your prerogative. I'm not going to stick around and argue a moot point with you. The first game of the day is starting. :D

Read what I was replying to

I wasnt making assumptions about every football fan

*facepalm*

I'm not in a position to do that since I have no insight into any of the players' personal lives. Why? Because I don't care. I pay money to watch them play FOOTBALL. What they do off the pitch is their business.

You're stuck on this point for some reason. If you want to hate football because there are no "out" Premiership players that's your prerogative. I'm not going to stick around and argue a moot point with you. The first game of the day is starting. :D

That would be all fine if there hasnt been a history of homophobic chants by fans. Whether it be Graeme LaSaux to Ashley Cole.

You havent been paying attention if you think this why I hate football.

• Advertisement

I wasnt making assumptions about every football fan

*facepalm*

So just the ones that attend games?

A generalisation is a generalisation.

So just the ones that attend games?

A generalisation is a generalisation.

Did I say everyone who attended games? No

Take your homophobic remarks and your generalisation straw men elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Seriously though, don't feed him.

This thread has a limited time span starting now.

If anyone has input now is the time.

/Tick..Tock...

Lads, you'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement