Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths high level grade poll

• 11-06-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

ok...after reading most of the comments on the tread maths HL (aftermath)...i got fairly pissed off..i taught that was a hard paper...but this poll will reveal all...

How did you really think you did in the higher level maths paper 1 55 votes

90-100
    0% 0 votes
    80-90
    21% 12 votes
    70-80
    16% 9 votes
    60-70
    20% 11 votes
    50-60
    21% 12 votes
    40-50
    16% 9 votes
    3% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

It sure will.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Where's the poll? And we aren't done yet, there's still Paper 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Slow down, we've yet to do paper 2! :P Think I got a B1 in P1 but unforunately it'll probably be brought down by P2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 the under dog

yea i realize that but i just want to see how people felt paper went...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Paper 2 is going to bring me down to a D :(

• Advertisement

gemxpink wrote: »

Although I'm pretty confident that it'll be a nice paper! The maths course is getting easier and easier so chin up! And you've all weekend to prepare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

No idea what grade i'll get, hoping it's better than the mocks. I think it went well but I'm always better at Paper 1.

Probably 100%. I don't see how I could have lost any more than a couple of marks for slips or the like, but I don't think I made any.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Really not lookin forward to paper 2.. They have to reduce this 30 percent A rate we see here haha..

Hopefully the board's population is above average. Though the A-rate in applied Maths is allegedly 25%. Hardly surprising given the type of people who do it though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Hopefully the board's population is above average. Though the A-rate in applied Maths is allegedly 25%. Hardly surprising given the type of people who do it though.

I hope so..
    It's now 35 percent A1's haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Aisling1992

I thought the paper was impossible. Loads of people on this are sayin it was easy. I could only answer 5 questions :(:(:(
    any one else find it hard?

I thought the paper was impossible. Loads of people on this are sayin it was easy. I could only answer 5 questions :(:(:(
    any one else find it hard?

The bits that were easy were very easy but the bits that were hard were very hard... I think I answered 4 questions quite well but the rest were a disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Disaster, I was really counting on questions 1-3 to be fairly easy, but I thought Q1 was quite hard (compared to other years anyhow), Q2 was sort of ok and I was hoping for an easier complex nums q in Q3. :( Was really happy to see x^2 come up for first principles though.
    Hope paper 2 will pull me up although paper 1 is usually my best paper. Will have my head stuck in a book for the weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

we shall look at this poll on that faithful day of August and think
    "how did i ever think i'd get a A1"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JamieByrne

I reckon I got about 100% or near enuf excludin a slip here r there bt de paper was by no means easy. Question 1 sucked as I never aritmetic sequence before:eek::eek: but got q2,3,5,6,7,8 fully rite so it was all gud:D

i expect paper 2 to be similiar but packed full wit proofs so better learn perpendicular distance then;)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Look tbh I wouldn't start a thread on here if you're looking to console yourself as boards is hardly known for people who dont ace like pretty much every test.
    I myself think I got a B1/2 on a fair paper, but that could all change on monday!
    If you feel disappointed, just concentrate on pp2 and go for it. It's not over till the fat lady sings.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

gemxpink wrote: »
    What? IMO, paper 2 is the easier of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Was a lot easier then expected compared to previous years, i thought some parts were way too easy and others still had impossible tricks in them :cool: Only looking for a C, banking on paper 2! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I've honestly no idea what I got Im unsure weathr they'll accept some of my answers, they're mathamatically correct but i dunno if they'll accpet them. Either did well and got a C1 or failed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement