Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any ever try make a love heart from a ring and a book

• 11-06-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

like this one i did earlier today. its not symetrical or even identical to a love heart but its the best i could do.

4691760500_18366ab693_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This is so Walt Disney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

But (almost sickening) cute though!

What was your set-up like? Perhaps hhave a desk lamp set really really low behind the objects might create the correct shadow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

How sad am I!! :) Took this for our wedding album a few years ago.

2790512874_1650ee92a0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

it might be walt disney but i was bored.
    i taped the ring down with salotape because it wouldnt stand on its on
    and then i placed the book on the ground and moved it around till i found the right spot. raising it shortens the heart length and lowering it makes it longer.
    i used my 60watt ceiling light(would have liken to get a dark type shadow on one page). i used an fz28 iso 200 and f2.8 and 1 second exposer
    i used more fill light and alot more shadows in picasa

thats the effect i was going for.
    it works alot better with round rings. think ill have to go and find me a round ring some where.i shall call it my precious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

i like it:) i'd get rid of the sellotape though and change the white balance to a bit warmer but nice idea!! might have a go myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

breadbin wrote: »
    i like it:) i'd get rid of the sellotape though and change the white balance to a bit warmer but nice idea!! might have a go myself:)
    Yeah get rid of tape,a better ring. Keep trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

it might be walt disney but i was bored.
    I wasn't knocking Mr Disney.

ye it was on the spur of the moment like ill see if i can do better.
    its really hard to get the ring to balance on its own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

have another go at it so!
    Curious to see what you come up with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

if you can't get the ring to stand on its own, try a bead of hot wax (as from a candle)

That's how they get rings to stand up in product shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

also I wasn't looking for it but I just found this picture, using a red filter so you get a red filled heart.

Might try this later on myself actually. Doesn't seem like there's much required, but it's a real nice end result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Xiney wrote: »
    also I wasn't looking for it but I just found this picture, using a red filter so you get a red filled heart.

wow who'd have thought:) impressive! - next thing is choosing what book to use, ha ha i'm thinking red dragon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

That's interesting, like the tip of the hot wax. Always good to see things like this as it gives me ideas of those rainy days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

breadbin wrote: »
    wow who'd have thought:) impressive! - next thing is choosing what book to use, ha ha i'm thinking red dragon:)

lol, my friends are getting married tomorrow, i might try and borrow their rings - how about 'men are from mars women from venus' for the book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

One I saw a while ago online

6950518-md.jpg

Advertisement