Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Electricity

Options
  • 11-06-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Yes yes - I Know Téechnically I am in county Meath, at least my house is, my garden happens to be in Co Dublin! Plus we're sort of part of the Naul so :o

anyone else without electricity this evening?

It went this morning at 7AM, came back on untill about 6.30PM, off again untill 8.30PM and then had power for about an hour. Gone again now. :(

Dark. Cold. No hot water. Bah.

I think our network is connected to the Finglas powerstation - does anyone know for sure?

Anyho... I'm bored now. The BF is away for the weekend and I was looking forward to a girlie TV night in. Not going to happen so. 45% battery left on the laptop... so hopefully the power comes back before that runs out!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Is Clonalvy not on the Garristown grid sNarah?

Naul is on the Balbriggan grid.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Call ESB Emergency Number - 01 850 372 999, where you can report faults

There is normally an automated message if there is a major disruption to the supply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Beasty wrote: »
    Call ESB Emergency Number - 01 850 372 999, where you can report faults

There is normally an automated message if there is a major disruption to the supply

Thanks for that - its without the 0 though.

I think Frank is right - there is a disruption on the Garristown one, and the ESB just kindly informed me in won't be back... untill tomorrow! Oh nos! :(

I hate when this happens -especially on the rare occassion I'm home all by myself :(

Aha - I just an ESB van passing! Come on guys, you can do it!!:o

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

sNarah wrote: »
    Thanks for that - its without the 0 though.
    Sorry about that - I pulled it off the mobile and added the 0 through habit
    sNarah wrote: »
    the ESB just kindly informed me in won't be back... untill tomorrow! Oh nos! :(
    My experience of their "estimates" of return of service (it happened quite a lot here over the winter!) is they (understandably) err on the side of caution. Having said that, if it was first off this morning they possibly already have an idea of the scale of the problem. Hopefully that ESB van is a good omen and you can get your power back sooner rather than leter.

• Advertisement

Indeed - it just came on there again about 30 mins ago. Hoping it stays on for the night now (as I really am a scared little girl once in while - especially in the rural countryside where we live!)

Just needed a little place to freak out - Thanks Beasty and Frank for listening, well, uh, reading like :o

Advertisement