Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That nostalgic feeling of seeing old save files.

• 11-06-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Okay thread idea totally ripped from Digitalpress...but do any of you guys ever have a look through old save files? I have a rake of ps1 memory cards all filled to the brim. Was going though them recently enough (Actually I needed to make some space, but couldn't bring myself to delete any!) and it's like being transported back in time.

All my Final Fantasy VII saves from my original playthrough when it came out. Metal Gear Solid saves where I'd unlocked the bandana & camo suit. Even Gran Turismo saved replays..that was a weird one, seeing my younger self doing laps (Rather badly too!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah yeah I have a few PS1 mamory cards with tons of game data too. I couldnt wipe them it would be like deleting my childhood!

The PS2 is worse though becuase the little avatars of the save files and there and when you go to delete some of them the beg you not to, I forget which save file actully goes to its knees when you try to delete it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I remember years ago my mam found a ps1 memory card while out walking. It had some saves on it including one for Gran Turismo.

Booted up the save and what do you know, they had a load of cars I didn't. Even a nice concept car. So I put in my own memory card and transferred them over.

Now that's what I can Grand Theft Auto :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Oh I have about 12 ps1 cards, all choc full of saves since 1995 on, none of them ever emptied. Not even of games no longer in my collection. Every time one was full I got another.

Now it's harder to get them, but I can't quite delete anything, bar a few really ****e game files.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I still have a PSX memory card with RE1, 2 and 3 save files and FF7 is on it too. Think that's it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have san andreas saved on my PS2 memory card that I refuse to delete.... I've unlocked so much stuff and done so missions that when my nephew wants to play it, he uses my save instead of putting in cheats :)

Nostalgic is the word :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Tallon wrote: »
    I have san andreas saved on my PS2 memory card that I refuse to delete.... I've unlocked so much stuff and done so missions that when my nephew wants to play it, he uses my save instead of putting in cheats :)

Nostalgic is the word :D

100% on San Andreas and I'll never delete it. I sadly also know the health, weapons, and a few others off by heart.

Nostalgic about my PES4 formation and master league files, but, I've played my PS2 more this year than the PS3 or Xbox 360 or PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Those PS2 GTA saves are bloody huge. Fairly sure my Vice City one took up more than 1mb. Of a 8mb card! Also couldn't bring myself to delete it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Rayman for ps1 always gives me a wave of nostalgia. Was one of the first games I got with it. Cleared it 100% but man is it hard!

Looking through save files is fun sometimes. Unfortunetly I only have a ps3 now so looking through ps1 save files without a ps1, just doesn't feel right :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Haven't checked my old memory cards in ages! Last time I checked my PS2 one, it was full of tonnes of old Tony Hawks custom parks and skaters which was a nostalgic joy though!

I have now lost said PS2 memory card, so now my brother's is full of Persona saves. That, and his Pro Evo / James Bond game saves :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Found my survival horror ps1 card (I have one for every genre.)

Resi 1 2 3
    Parasite eve 2
    Dino crisis 1 and 2
    Silent hill

I played them all for a few minutes. Great games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I wish I could find my old PS1 memory card. I nearly completed all the races and everything on GT2 and had the most kick ass cars ever.

My friend gave me his old PS1 memory card and it has 2 of his FF7 save files on it. One with 75 hours and one with 100 hours. That was kinda cool to see. I'd never delete them though, even if they aren't mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont know where my old memory cards are :(

Advertisement