Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARGENTINA V NIGERIA GRP B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Another Nigerian playing in Tel Aviv ! No suprise there ! For some reason all Nigerian internationals seem to spend time there.

Most enjoyable 1st Half of football thus far. Argentina should be up by one or two, but this Nigeria team are no mugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

That guy Veron reminds me of Bert from Sesame Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Headshot wrote: »
    Milito is better than him anyday of the week

Higuain has shown he is a big game chocker and he's proving it right so far

Harsh on Higuain.

He can't win, if he scores two or three, its "only" a group match, if he doesn't is a "big game." He's a top striker, theres little between he and Milito. They're just lucky to have such options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

redout wrote: »
    Messi, messi, messi............

just cannot score.

;)

Gutierrez now on a yellow so that has to be the route to goal for Nigeria, why is a left winger playing at right back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Het-Field wrote: »
    Another Nigerian playing in Tel Aviv ! No suprise there ! For some reason all Nigerian internationals seem to spend time there.

Most enjoyable 1st Half of football thus far. Argentina should be up by one or two, but this Nigeria team are no mugs.

But they are up by one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

mike65 wrote: »
    ;)

Gutierrez now on a yellow so that has to be the route to goal for Nigeria, why is a left winger playing at right back?

same reason as cambassio and zanetti and riquelme being left out of the squad,mr diego maradonna.

But they are up by one.

One or two MORE ! My bad !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just went on to Newsnow transfer talk to see if there were any rumours about Vincent Enyeama moving to the PL as was said during the commentary on the BBC. Not a mention of any team anywhere looking to buy him in the last two months.

By the end of today he will be linked to anywhere up to 15 clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Might worth be while throwing some cash on Maradonna getting sent to the stands at some stage - if this is what he is like when they are winning I can see him getting in trouble at some stage if Argentina are in a proper game.

I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA handed down an edict possibly because it look poor on telly.

Odds probably wouldnt be great though.

anplaya wrote: »
    same reason as cambassio and zanetti and rodriguez being left out of the squad,mr diego maradonna.

I thought maxi rodriguez was in the squad:confused:

• Advertisement

I thought maxi rodriguez was in the squad:confused:

sorry meant riquelme(sp)villareal captain

One or two MORE ! My bad !

Ah cool, i thought you might have missed the goal or something

Riquelme is back in Argentina for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol, whelan had a nice little dig at Mascherano

Oh right, yeah id rather have him in the squad ahead of Maxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What did he say?

Has Ronnie Whelan a wig?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Riquelme is back in Argentina for years now.

my bad,just checked,ye hes with boca juniors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

flahavaj wrote: »
    Harsh on Higuain.

He can't win, if he scores two or three, its "only" a group match, if he doesn't is a "big game." He's a top striker, theres little between he and Milito. They're just lucky to have such options.

oh a great striker alright but a tad far off Milito's level, he's young so he should get to that level but he's a big game chocker, lyon, barcalona match and now so far today(probably more games), milito would of buried at least 1 of those chances today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Probably not the thread for it, but why does Whelan hate Liverpool so much these days? Did something happen or is it just trying to make a controversial name for himself?

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What did he say?

Pointing out some move by Argentina where Mascherano passed it forward and he said "probably the only time Mascherano passed it forward in the whole half" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Archimedes wrote: »
    Probably not the thread for it, but why does Whelan hate Liverpool so much these days? Did something happen or is it just trying to make a controversial name for himself?

You have it right there, and notice how ever since he has started this vendetta he has carved himself out a nice regular place alongside John Giles and Eamonn Dunphy.

oh a great striker alright but a tad far off Milito's level, he's young so he should get to that level but he's a big game chocker, lyon, barcalona match and now so far today(probably more games), milito would of buried at least 1 of those chances today

A bit harsh to condemn a young player based on what, 3 games and 45 mins of a World Cup opener. He's a lethal striker. Choosing between he and Milito is a toss up tbh. Maybe they felt he fits in better as one of the front three etc.

I Dont know, but i think he really had a problem with Benitez and possibly hates on most of his signings though i doubt he will be getting a dig at torres, Whelan seems very bitter towards Benitez anytime ive heard him comment on the new Inter manager

The whole Liverpool team were caught roasting his missus, backroom staff and all.

He obviously can't take a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew I wasn't watching the half time chit chat for a good reason. Still Masch is off this summer so he can take his Anti-Rafa/Anti-Masch stuff elsewhere. Like to the CL coverage, oh damn that means it'll be business as usual then!

Please **** off with the Whelan stuff, good game on here, all Argentina so far but they still only have a one goal lead.

flahavaj wrote: »
    A bit harsh to condemn a young player based on what, 3 games and 45 mins of a World Cup opener. He's a lethal striker. Choosing between he and Milito is a toss up tbh. Maybe they felt he fits in better as one of the front three etc.

not just those games mate, he misses easy chances like todays alot imo, he's lucky he's in a great madrid team that will keep feeding him those chances and eventually he'll score, dont get me wrong a great player but not the calibre of Milito but as iv said he will improve in time but this is the wc, play your best team and he wouldnt be in my first choice

I also find Milito is a better finisher than Higuain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Enough small talk. Why aren't we discussing Diego's facial hair? 10/1 for FIFA Beard Of The Tournament.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    Enough small talk. Why aren't we discussing Diego's facial hair? 10/1 for FIFA Beard Of The Tournament.

He looks like an Argentinan Johnny Ronan !

Whose Johnny Ronan?

Savman wrote: »

Pity I'm not there :(

The man's a legend. The Ultimate Anti-Hero.

Des wrote: »
    Pity I'm not there :(
    In spirit, Des, in spirit. Goatee's don't count tho, that's pure bush Diego's carrying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Whose Johnny Ronan?

This guy

johnny_ronan011886_display.jpg

• Advertisement

Messi is a joy to watch.

His movement is brilliant.

Masherano and Tevez linking up well too

Oldest player in the tournament comes on

aaronh007 wrote: »
    This guy

johnny_ronan011886_display.jpg

Begor he looks the splitting image of this fellow

LOL I think we just saw why Enyema hasn't had more interest from bigger teams.

iv been disappointed with Argentina since they scored, they have taken the foot off the gas

• Advertisement

iv been disappointed with Argentina since they scored, they have taken the foot off the gas

Pity Nigeria are bloody hopeless going forward.

Diego its time to bring Milito on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Close there from Messi

Argentina should have done better there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah Messi so close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

That was muck!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I agree, can see them struggling against a decent team

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Beautiful to watch. I was cheering loudly for Carlitos as he broke there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Great save!

Please Wenger sign him

• Advertisement
Advertisement