Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARGENTINA V NIGERIA GRP B

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he's been excellent, no idea what game eagle eye has been watching.

redout wrote: »
    Argentina are rubbish.

Not a hope they could win this tournament.

On another day Messi could have had 3 or 4 goals.

They create a lot of chances. A different match they may click and score a bag of goals.

Their defence is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Him and Veron have been the two best on the pitch I thought tbh.
    Veron was decent.

Etuhu has been very good. Best Argentinian for me, Walter Samuel.

Nice one.

Well done Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

rarnes1 wrote: »
    On another day Messi could have had 3 or 4 goals.

They create a lot of chances. A different match they may click and score a bag of goals.

Their defence is another matter.

That is the problem. In midfield and defence they lack and although they have good players up front against a top side they wont be given many oppotunities and I cant see that defence lock out a top side like Spain, Brazil, Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just a pity Nigeria are ****e in the final third

Argentina were so disappointing, alot of possession but going no where. I cant wait to see a descent team against them, someone like holland would be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Guiterrez aside, I am in two minds about this Argentinan side.

First, they won that game at a canter. Save for one or two chances, fashioned by, a not to be sniffed at, Nigerian team, they controlled the game, and could have won by more.

Second, there is weak links there. Guiterrez is dog-muck. The man is akin to the type of player Jackie Charlton used to hold up the ball. The use of such a player is reasonable in a limited team, however, this team is not really limited.

Third, Messi is a wizard !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Argentina were substanially less than the sum of their parts.

Would have major concerns about their defence.

Headshot wrote: »

Argentina were so disappointing, alot of possession but going no where

In fairness, they had 19 shots on goal. 10 on target. Messi wont miss those chances again. Plus that keeper had a fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Messi to score no goals! What price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Argentina were substanially less than the sum of their parts.

Would have major concerns about their defence.
    Me too, Samuel was superb and Romero did his job but the rest of them looked very weak. Although for the couple of minutes that Gutierrez played on the left side he looked alright but on the right side he looked lost when defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Can see the Koreans give Maradona's men a real game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Can see the Koreans give Maradona's men a real game!

I agree but I feel Korea are weaker defensively than Nigeria so may concede more but they also seem more likely to score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Match report

How good was Enyeama. I think Argentina have a lot more to show later in this competition. Verón was fantastic and any doubts about Messi with Argentina might have been laid to rest.

Very much looking forward to their showdown with the Korean Republic already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Greece could give them a scare too if they play the way they did in qualifying I don't think they'll win but they could get a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

RichTea wrote: »
    Match report

How good was Enyeama. I think Argentina have a lot more to show later in this competition. Verón was fantastic and any doubts about Messi with Argentina might have been laid to rest.

Very much looking forward to their showdown with the Korean Republic already.

Great read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Super performance from the Nigerian keeper (here's hoping he gets scouted if not already playing in a decent league), I think Argentina's confidence just desserted them when they couldnt get a second and it really could have been 3-0/4-0 by halftime.

Arg v Sth Kor shaping up to be a cracker IMO. Vamos Argentina!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Argentina ain't winning this World Cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Great review RichTea. Consider your blog bookmarked ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement