Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im goin to FAIL DCG!!!!!>..PLEASE any help??

• 11-06-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

What will come up or tips/hints??

I did a good project hopefullu around 30% so i only need about 20% to pass??

IM really bad at dcg,really really bad!!...i can do the planes question a wee bit and thats it??

Will i pass??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ah I'm in the same boat as you. Theres powerpoints on t4.ie but they're not great. Hoping to god for a VERY similar paper to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

i'm in the exact same situation, good project but it dragged on far too long so my drawings not near good enough.
    what options are you doing? its kinda hard to predict when theres only been one paper..

Doing dynamic mechanisms and assemblies. Okay at assemblies actually. I'd be grand if there was a revise wise or ANYTHING for DCG :( And after Maths P1 today I really need to boost my points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Project was a joke timewise. Got a solid 35% I'd say but the drawing part has really struggled as a result. Our teacher is coming in a few days next week going over stuff but just keep practising. Stuff like interpenetration gets very very repetitive after doing 2 or 3. With a good project you'll pass no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

lol me too horror of a paper, in dynamic mechanisms im really expecting that brutal gear thing to come up.. ugh..

• Advertisement

Looking back on the project, I have no idea how we spent SO much time on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mukai

I'm so screwed for this test :( We spent way too long on the project and not enough time on drawing. If i manage to scrape a pass I'll be doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I can only do planes in space and the map question.. after that I think I could be leaving tbh... might be able to draw the other questions out but I haven't a notion what to do after that.... :(:( it's gonna be a disaster and having absolutely no revision books or anything doesn't help at all :(:(:( i'd say i have 25-35% in the bag from the project depending on how hard there marked... so if I get a C3 at all I'll be more than happy...

please god just let it be easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Our DCG book is actually really good!!examples are as hard as you get.I'm doing interpenetration,cams-helix-lucust,dihedral angle and assemblies.Only thing that could really screw me over is section A.God they're hard.Got 54% in the written paper(not including project) in the mocks but got 1/60 marks for section A.Pathetic or what??haha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

I really need help! I need around C for good points (higher) cuz I did really bad in irish.

How should I study, just do questions or can reading over do?
    And what is predicted to come up?

Please can someone tell me what to study? >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

In the mocks in my school from around 30 student doing honours DCG, 1 passed with 41% ... I got 31% its sooooooooo tough :(

Gonna study non stop 2moro and thursday for it and hopefully get a C. HOPEFULLY!! :D

The project, mine was a bit... :o might of got 30....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE DOING DCG!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

@double GG
    Omg no way! O_O About half my class passed, I only got 40% lol, and only a few got in the A's or B's

I dunno what I should do X_X

I vividly remember the end of 4th year and a teacher asked me if I wanted to do technology for 5th year. My response: "Ah no Im gonna do DCG thanks" WHY OH WHY!!!

Advertisement