Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths HL Paper 2-Need Help!!

• 11-06-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

After today i am in a real struggle. I first calculated my marks up to see i got bout 80 out of 300. However i added up the attempt marks that i suspect to get and it brought me up to 130 out of 300. This is only 43%. I need to do really good. I need to get bout 200 out of 300. In the pre i got 80 in paper 2...please help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

All I can say is keep on practicing past exam questions all weekend, and mark them with the marking scheme. Know the proofs inside out, then you'll have an easy couple of marks if they do come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

a student who got an a1 last year had all the papers written out. He just looked over them in the last few weeks. Is it possible for me to get 220/230 in paper 2 if i do this even though paper 1 was a complete disaster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

In my maths grind last week, my teacher told me to do every single part a, then the part bs that looked nice, then the part cs... you will be ok!! he showed me how easy it is to get marks, and attempt marks... do your best question first and youll be fine!! i counted mine up, and assuming that each part a is 10 marks, i got around 50%....and paper 1 is meant to be my better one, im scared, but im going to do what she told me to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

i really would advise you actually do out the questions, they'll stick in your head that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

a student who got an a1 last year had all the papers written out. He just looked over them in the last few weeks. Is it possible for me to get 220/230 in paper 2 if i do this even though paper 1 was a complete disaster!!
    Learn the proofs, and keep going with the trig Qs, it's easy to stumble into the right answer with persistence. Probability is a good shout too, do as many as you can to practice, and try to understand which method goes where. Probability and trig are worth 200 marks, they should be your main focus. Learn the Ratio test for Q8 too, it's easy and can be worth 15-20 marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

ya i will definetly do them out. do be honest in the next 2 days i would be prepared to do anything to pass maths and hopefully get a c...should i get an attempt mark of 3 for every thing that i answered!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You could always try and go through the papers in a schematic way.

Pick your best six questions (well, actually 5 best questions in Section A).

Start with your best. Do the part A's in every question.

Then do the nice part B's, starting with your best ones. Attempt the ones you have difficulty with.

The part C's may look daunting, but if you really are drawing a blank, don't write a blank. Try something. By doing any correct step, you will get the attempt mark.

Know your proofs - easy marks if they come up, and you don't have to understand them to get full marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

What are the proofs that everyones betting will come up this year?im blanking

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

any other tips to pass maths, because i didnt do great in paper one, and i am ****ed, i need to pass the exam.
    i only got 75 marks in the pre's for this, must do better, i need at least 150/160 to be sure to passing.
    This is more than double i got in the pre's, please help people.

Advertisement