Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Definitions

• 11-06-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just wondering lads, we must all have different business books/notes etc. and so I imagine there are different definitions for everything.

I'm wondering do we have to get the definitions exactly right, or can we put it in our own words. I mean, I know what nearly everything means, I just don't know definitions off by heart.

I got an A in the pres, so I'm not too worried, but I dunno if the LC will be marked differently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Of course you can use your own words!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Good, so they'll be flexible on that? As long as you prove you understand it, that's okay then?
    :D

I mean, I do well in Business, but some things make me nervous going on.
    I'm worried about the ABQ. A report would be tough. Plus, I find it hard enough to find the link in the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Define Marketing Concept there.. u'd be doin me a favour, i'll remember it if i read it off this, i know what it is just a specific thing be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

well if ya mean marketing concept it mean understanding the needs and wants of the consumer and of adapting the organisation to meet theses needs,it effectively means puting the consumer first at all costs

Marketing concept is an effort to satisfy all customer needs. AKA: Putting the customer first.

(That's pretty much off the top of my head. It';s the gist of it, I think.)

• Advertisement

Yes as long as it makes sense, and generally is the definition it can be out of your arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I thought marketing concept was the 4 p's:confused:

Quick question as you got an A in the Pres, did you use loads of examples (like for almost every point) in the long Qs?
    Id assume you dont need them in the ABQ once you link it?
    Did it take you long to think of real world examples?

Nice one. Thanks.
    I should do okay so. Gonna' aim for the A.

stainluss wrote: »
    I thought marketing concept was the 4 p's:confused:

Quick question as you got an A in the Pres, did you use loads of examples (like for almost every point) in the long Qs?
    Id assume you dont need them in the ABQ once you link it?
    Did it take you long to think of real world examples?

That's marketing mix.

I didn't use them in the ABQ anyway. Name, explain and link is fine for the marks in that.
    For the long questions, yeah I used examples for a good number of things. Basicly, just crap off the top of my head. I can help you out if you need any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Any chance you could give me some tips Joey, I'm aiming for a high B. Have you any predictions? Or whats your secret? :D

• Advertisement

Im an A student aswell.

- UNIT 2,3,4 - Inside out.
    - BEC
    - Business Plan
    - Report/Agenda/Memo
    - Theory X + Y
    - Termination of contract
    - Organisational structure

and more, but I have a feeling most of the above will appear

shblob wrote: »
    Im an A student aswell.

- BEC
    - Business Plan
    - Report/Agenda/Memo
    - Theory X + Y

Thanks a mill man, very appreciated. I'm pretty annoyed today from Maths pass paper today was aiming for an A2 but that paper put me off course, hopefully paper 2 is handier. Need all the points from business I can get aswell now, thanks again! :)

What's BEC btw?

BEC - Break Even Chart. Bound to come up in either long or short questions

For people that struggle with BEC:

BEP = FC / Cont

Cont = SP - VC

Also the Maslows Hierarchy of needs may be important.

BEC - Break Even Chart. Bound to come up in either long or short questions.
    Nice one again boss, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

Im an A student aswell.

- BEC
    - Business Plan
    - Report/Agenda/Memo
    - Theory X + Y

what about the economic variables? with the recession and all? them going up and down? i know them inside out and id love them to come up as a 20 marker. p.s thanks for the above great help!

It's all a possibility!! But that's what Im pretty sure will come up and that's what I'm studying first. Then the rest, of course economic variables has a chance of coming up - everything does!

Im leaving out that unit with the economic variables, I know most of definitions from it for the short q's. I know unit 1 inside out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    Just wondering lads, we must all have different business books/notes etc. and so I imagine there are different definitions for everything.

I'm wondering do we have to get the definitions exactly right, or can we put it in our own words. I mean, I know what nearly everything means, I just don't know definitions off by heart.

I got an A in the pres, so I'm not too worried, but I dunno if the LC will be marked differently.

Well if I were you I'd try to get them as accurately as possible... My teacher was constantly referencing to some fella 2 years ago who called the European Parliament The Parliament of the European Union, and got no marks for it.

The Unit 6 question is generall the least answered I think.
    So, I would say the examiners would mark that a bit easier for those who give it a go.

Anyway guys, basicly concentrate on 2,3,4 really well. They'll actually very easy. We're lucky with the units we got for the ABQ.
    Covering those three could potentially get you 50% of the exam or so, If I'm not mistaken.
    Plus unit 1 is pretty easy.

I only studied Units 1-5 for my pres and still got the A, so that goes to show you how much choice there is. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 huphup92

Im an A student aswell.

- BEC
    - Business Plan
    - Report/Agenda/Memo
    - Theory X + Y
    - :confused:

wats the dif kind a structures,,, cud ya learn one and gt away wit it?? im terrible at business and dont kno wat ta do for tuesday:(

Advertisement