Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traction

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

ive been having pain in my left shoulder and sometimes in my neck and eventually in my left arm for about six months which has been worse some days than others . i put it down to wear and tear after years working as a blocklayer. about a month ago it began to get worse so i went to see my gp and after examination he sent me for an xray which didnt show any damage.so i went back to my gp and he said it ws compressed discs in my neck and that it would need traction to help it.
    i have gone to a physiotherapist and have done a few sessions but have not noticed any improvement and at 50 euros a session its beginning to look like its going to cost a fair bit to sort out. what id like to know is if anyone on here has had any similar problems or has had traction done on their neck ,how long did it take before you noticed any improvement or what was involved with the treatment. any replys greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Try osteopathy instead of physiotherapy (for those injuries, I find osteopathy helps me more than physio, but that's personal opinion I guess). Nothing to lose, tho.

If you are in Galway, see Cian Flynn (PM me for his number if you can't find him in the phone book), he should be able to sort you out.

Advertisement