Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting - Ruling out own lines

• 11-06-2010 11:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My accounting teacher has said that you can either go for special accounting answering books, or normal answer books where you rule your own lines - and we will have normal answer books, and have to rule our own lines, as we do for tests and for the mocks.

My friend tells me that you can ask the examiner for record book paper? Is this true? It would save a lot of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I prefer the normal paper.
    But yeah, I'm sure they'll provide lined paper if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

My accounting teacher has said that you can either go for special accounting answering books, or normal answer books where you rule your own lines - and we will have normal answer books, and have to rule our own lines, as we do for tests and for the mocks.

My friend tells me that you can ask the examiner for record book paper? Is this true? It would save a lot of time.
    Yeah. I think so. Drawing lines would be a nasty job, looks messy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Yeah you can use either. Last year in my centre everybody took the special accounting books first and nearly everybody handed them back and asked for normal anwser books(including myself). Can't remember why I didn't like them, just didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sarahisdeadly

Have never heard of these rule books...

We don't rule out lines either though, that's a lot of time and effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Yup they're available! I was given one by accident for English! XD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for answering.

We have always used normal paper for accounting, so I'm not sure whether accounting-specific stationery will be ordered in. I was doing the exam attending last year and was looking at the invoice, and I didn't see any accounting stationery mentioned.

Is it possible to use normal answer paper, but then use additional lined sheets as well? Or is it one or the other?

My superintendent is actually an accounting teacher in the school up the road from me (I was sure they had to go to different towns though??) so maybe I'll ask him on Monday... he probably knows.

It would be handy to use record book 1 paper or something instead of ruling out lines if tabular statements come up or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Those ruled booklets exist. We got them handed out to us in English P1 by accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

tbh i didnt think ruling lines took that much time , bout a minute for a q1 type question, think it looks a lot neater too if done right

unless, of course, a tabular statement came up:eek:

Advertisement