Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt account? banned unless your Special?

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Why are some users who use alt accounts to get around bans (AH for example) given mini short bans and warned about their behaviour? But others not?

"Banned" don't rereg again to circumvent your ban or your other/main account will be banned"

What is that all about? Do they have special privilege? Is is a bit like how this country is run? Friends of friends?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

it is policy to perma-ban the re-reg account while th eoriginal account sits out its forum ban and receives a short site ban for the re-reg.

I dont know of any exceptions that have been made to that rule bar one, recently, that I made the decision on (two legitimate users on one account that one user started posting from their long dormant account after the first user got a forum ban - both served the lesser site ban and agreed to use seperate accoutns in future). As for "friend of a friend", I didnt know either user at all and had never interacted with them previously.

if the original account re-regges again, it gets a longer or possibly permanent ban as well as the re-reg account automatically getting a permanent ban.

Advertisement