Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildew on Roses

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Can anyone help? Have had dreadful trouble with mildew on two roses.

They are against a wall and are well mulched and watered. I have used roseclear and copper fungacide. Nothing seems to work.

Has anyone any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Can anyone help? Have had dreadful trouble with mildew on two roses.

They are against a wall and are well mulched and watered. I have used roseclear and copper fungacide. Nothing seems to work.

Has anyone any advice?

I presume you mean powdery mildew. If it's already present there's little you can do except cut off and burn affected stems, make sure the plant is not overcrowded as the absence of air circulation is a major contributor. As with blackspot try and water the soil rather than the bush itself.

On unaffected plants try spraying with a mix a mix of four teaspoons baking powder to a gallon of water with a dash of washing up liquid. Try this on all plants next spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not a bit helpful, but everytime I see this post the earworm starts -'and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles' and so on....

Advertisement