Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on Maths Paper 2

• 11-06-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have been told to dp all the a parts, then b's and c's..is this a better way to succeed..

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If your a weak student, it's a good approach as you take care of all the easy marks first. You don't want to be sitting there struggling with a difficult (c) part and ending up not getting easy (a) parts done - or getting frustrated and not performing to the best of your ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

well i barerly passed paper 1..i need to be gettin 170/180 in paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

Same here Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

well i barerly passed paper 1..i need to be gettin 170/180 in paper 2

The paper is marked out of 300??

gemxpink wrote: »
    I'm sure he knows it.

• Advertisement

i need to get 170 or 180 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

gemxpink wrote: »

The "/" presumable meant "or"..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If your a weak student, it's a good approach as you take care of all the easy marks first. You don't want to be sitting there struggling with a difficult (c) part and ending up not getting easy (a) parts done - or getting frustrated and not performing to the best of your ability.
    Yup, try to get all your A's and make a decent stab at the B's, and always attempt to C's anyway, even if you don't have an inkling.

should i do part a, leave 2 pages, do 2(a) and leave do pages and so on or shud i do all a's on the same page...

Leave spaces
    don't do the part a's on one page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I usually do all the part a's and b's and then go back and do the c's just make sure to mark off what questions you've done..

I find this method gets you all the easy marks and your not as likely to get frustrated with a c part and perhaps then in your frustration mess up an easy a part after it...

just try and make sure you leave enough room so all the question can be kept together... not like me today - i had to go to the end to do 3c and 7c because i ran out of room...

it's a good method imo anyways so

Advertisement