Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism and New Media

Options
  • 11-06-2010 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anyone doing this next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

ah I was thinking of doing it next year but I decided to put New Media and English as my first choice instead. sounds like a mighty course though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I hope to be! And have english and new media second. I really really want to get one of these courses! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

I might be seeing you up there so!! Have you your accomodation booked yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

yup..plassey village! You? Do you think the course will go up by much? Because I haven't heard about anyone else going for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I've it down first too at the moment, might change it to English and New Media though. Its a great course though, know one or two just finished first year in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sibh1

Graduated from New media and english in 2009. Didnt think that much of the course when I was doing it. The lecturers can be scattered and sometimes the course can seem like a bit of a sham... however, definitely stick it out. You would be really surprised how relevant it is to work life.. New media wasnt something people even knew about when i started and now all the companies are dying to have their graduates! Bit of advice... stick to the media subjects where possible, technical writing, globalization etc... the english part really isnt as relevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Any prospective students should look into writing for An Focal, it's an excellent forum for your talents if they're good enough. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

OP, it's not a bad degree at all, but taking a course in Journalism can be hit and miss. After you finish, it's all about who you know and lucky breaks...bit sickening, but if you enjoy it, you won't mind that prospect...(at least I don't)..

And yeah write for An Focal, but don't limit yourself to it, it's a bit fecking soft in many ways...bit like a marketing brochure or something..

Advertisement