Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teva, a bit of positive news hopefully

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Blaaface

Bduffman wrote: »
    No, the principle of seniority is fine EVERYTHING ELSE BEING EQUAL. SD & Inhalations are like chalk & cheese.

So only ONE other concession then? And thats a BS one as it is not enforceble - the company isn't under any obligation to employ anyone who was crap at their job in the first place.
    Lats face it - theres sod all diference between the original & current agreements. The union just wanted their little victory & as a result have saddled Waterford with a reputation that could ultimately affect Waterford adversely.

Hysteria Hysteria!!!!!!

You were wrong on the first vote, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Bduffman

Blaaface wrote: »
    The licence given by the FDA to make the dry powder inhaler in the inhalations factory in Waterford which will expire in 4 years time.

OK - so you've just proved you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    1. There are currently no dry powder inhalers being made for the market in inhalations.
    2. The FDA never had anything to do with licencing the inhalations plant for dry powder inhalers as they were never made in Waterford for the supply to the US (in case you didn't know, the FDA is only for the US).
    3. Even if there was such a licence, it wouldn't just expire - a plant is routinely audited & the licence renewed each time. Inhalations has never lost an FDA licence to manufacture any inhalations products.

Hysteria Hysteria!!!!!!

You were wrong on the first vote, get over it.

So there are other differences then? Please tell.

So there are other differences then? Please tell.

Try reading them. I think you'll notice them.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on Sunday.

Try reading them. I think you'll notice them.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on Sunday.

You won't be hearing anything from me - I don't have a vote. So do me a favour & summarise the differences.

So do you want to come back on my other post? Do you want to tell us where you got your incorrect information from? Seeing as you are keen n spreading untruths why should anyone believe anything you have to say?

• Advertisement

You won't be hearing anything from me - I don't have a vote. So do me a favour & summarise the differences.

So do you want to come back on my other post? Do you want to tell us where you got your incorrect information from? Seeing as you are keen n spreading untruths why should anyone believe anything you have to say?

Oh behave you big blouse, fair enough i got the exact info on the inhaler factory wrong but can you tell me what the 4 year expiry is because i'm pretty sure there is one.

Oh behave you big blouse, fair enough i got the exact info on the inhaler factory wrong but can you tell me what the 4 year expiry is because i'm pretty sure there is one.

The EXACT information? You basically made people think that the inhalations plant will be closed down in 4 years time. Thats seriously misleading to say the least. All I'm asking is that you get your facts right before posting. Its peoples livelihoods at stake so theres no point in spreading unfounded rumours.

At a guess the 'licence' you are talking about is a patent in the US on ONE inhalations product. This means that other companies will be able to enter the market when that patent expires. This does not mean the product disappears - only that (maybe) the market share might reduce. In the meantime there will be other products launched with a view to replace that product.

If Inhalations closes it more likely to be caused by our (new) poor industrial relations record due to recent events than anything to do with licences & patents.

The EXACT information? You basically made people think that the inhalations plant will be closed down in 4 years time. Thats seriously misleading to say the least. All I'm asking is that you get your facts right before posting. Its peoples livelihoods at stake so theres no point in spreading unfounded rumours.

At a guess the 'licence' you are talking about is a patent in the US on ONE inhalations product. This means that other companies will be able to enter the market when that patent expires. This does not mean the product disappears - only that (maybe) the market share might reduce. In the meantime there will be other products launched with a view to replace that product.

If Inhalations closes it more likely to be caused by our (new) poor industrial relations record due to recent events than anything to do with licences & patents.

You honestly think TEVA will give a ****e about Union relations when they can make product cheaper somewhere else, that product is only being made in Waterford is it not and when that patent expires it's up for grabs.
    TEVA will make it wherever it's cheaper and move it there. I sure as hell hope the Inhalor factory stays open in 4 years but you need to be a bit realistic and understand they could move it somewhere cheaper and it won't be down to the Union, it's just ruthless businessmen.

Oh and by the way we're on a bloody internet site, people don't take everything as Gospel just because the internet says so.

and i thought this was supposed to be a positive thread, damn you internet, fooled again!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

You fail to mention that the ONE product just so happens to be the main product made in inhalations. So it is quite a big deal especially when you take into account the inhalations plant currently being built in Miami and America being the main market for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Money Tree

Pray tell where are you getting the information that there is an inhalations plant being built in Miami from. This is absolute nonsense

• Advertisement

Money Tree wrote: »
    Pray tell where are you getting the information that there is an inhalations plant being built in Miami from. This is absolute nonsense

Ah sure you know how it is in there, lots of bs being spread. Hard to tell what's fact and what's fiction! I stand corrected.

Money Tree wrote: »

They're buliding one in Isreal and i think India or Hungary.
    I do know they're adding extra machines in Inhalations which is good news but they invested into tablets a year before they closed that down as well.
    I just wouldn't like people to think the jobs in Inhalations are safe going forward as no doubt there is a danger that factory could close in a few years and i think everyone realises that who works on the floor. This company is pretty ruthless when it comes to closing places, they've already closed a good few around the World, it seems they're buying places so the get their name on the product that the original company (in this case IVAX) had and then moved it to places where they can make it cheaper.
    I remember Managing director and the Union being worried about this when TEVA bought the place, they knew they had to get the price down where it came to making a tablet but it just couldn't compare to somewhere like India where the workers are paid peanuts.

You honestly think TEVA will give a ****e about Union relations when they can make product cheaper somewhere else, that product is only being made in Waterford is it not and when that patent expires it's up for grabs.
    TEVA will make it wherever it's cheaper and move it there. I sure as hell hope the Inhalor factory stays open in 4 years but you need to be a bit realistic and understand they could move it somewhere cheaper and it won't be down to the Union, it's just ruthless businessmen.

Oh and by the way we're on a bloody internet site, people don't take everything as Gospel just because the internet says so.

and i thought this was supposed to be a positive thread, damn you internet, fooled again!

You still don't understand what a patent expiring actually means. When it expires (& that is not necessarily 2014 but could be extended) it means that other companies can make a generic version of it. It has nothing to do with Teva moving manufacture somewhere else. In theory they could do that any time patent or no patent.
    If there was a toss up between Waterford & another Teva site, you can be damn sure that industrial relations could be a deciding factor - believe it or not there not that much difference in costs between sites.
    And we may be on an internet site, but when posting about a sensitive subject, I believe people have a duty to get their facts right.

They're buliding one in Isreal and i think India or Hungary.
    I do know they're adding extra machines in Inhalations which is good news but they invested into tablets a year before they closed that down as well.
    I just wouldn't like people to think the jobs in Inhalations are safe going forward as no doubt there is a danger that factory could close in a few years and i think everyone realises that who works on the floor. This company is pretty ruthless when it comes to closing places, they've already closed a good few around the World, it seems they're buying places so the get their name on the product that the original company (in this case IVAX) had and then moved it to places where they can make it cheaper.
    I remember Managing director and the Union being worried about this when TEVA bought the place, they knew they had to get the price down where it came to making a tablet but it just couldn't compare to somewhere like India where the workers are paid peanuts.

There is only a dry powder plant in Israel. They are NOT building an aerosol plant.
    There is no inhalations plant being built anywhere else in the world.
    And regarding anyone in Inhalations thinking their jobs are safe. Who would these people be exactly? Does anyone in any company think there jobs are safe at the moment?
    Inhalations jobs are no safer or vulnerable than any other job in private industry. But again, it doen't help spreading unfounded rumours. Teva could close next year, in 10 years or 20 years time. You don't know any more than anyone else so unless you have facts........

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

Well if 'good' industrial relations means rolling over for employers and letting them do as they wish..i'd rather have 'poor' industrial relations. Let them sod back to Israel or wherever..as everyone is starting to realise you are dealing with ruthless business people whose sole objective in life is to make more profit..good luck to them! If (as it seems) money is their God, I'm sure they'll find some other workers to exploit elsewhere..

There is only a dry powder plant in Israel. They are NOT building an aerosol plant.
    There is no inhalations plant being built anywhere else in the world.
    And regarding anyone in Inhalations thinking their jobs are safe. Who would these people be exactly? Does anyone in any company think there jobs are safe at the moment?
    Inhalations jobs are no safer or vulnerable than any other job in private industry. But again, it doen't help spreading unfounded rumours. Teva could close next year, in 10 years or 20 years time. You don't know any more than anyone else so unless you have facts........

Unfounded rumours? I mixed up the details but i was right on the patent (i called it a licence) expiry, being the major product in Inhalations and the fact they could go somewhere else with it after the 4 years.
    I didn't see you being the big Internet warrior when there was unfounded rumours being spread on the last thread, oh right they must have been on your side.
    Union got the vote, helped the senior people in Inhalations take their redundancy so in turn made space for people who wanted to stay take their places, got those who are being left go onto a list to be the first to be called back when there could be a vacancy and also got everyone the 8 weeks when the company only wanted to give 4+2.
    It's over now and both sides shook on it now MOVE ON!

Unfounded rumours? I mixed up the details but i was right on the patent (i called it a licence) expiry, being the major product in Inhalations and the fact they could go somewhere else with it after the 4 years.
    A licence & a patent are two COMPLETELY different things. Teva could make that product anywhere they want right now - regardless of licence or patent. In 2014 the most that could happen is that Teva get a smaller market share for that product - resulting in lower volumes for Waterford & perhaps fewer jobs. Or perhaps it won't make any difference. We don't know. But the patent running out makes no difference to where the product is made - understand?
    I didn't see you being the big Internet warrior when there was unfounded rumours being spread on the last thread, oh right they must have been on your side.
    Well you obviously you didn't read the full thread - I made several posts on it.
    Union got the vote, helped the senior people in Inhalations take their redundancy so in turn made space for people who wanted to stay take their places, got those who are being left go onto a list to be the first to be called back when there could be a vacancy and also got everyone the 8 weeks when the company only wanted to give 4+2.
    It's over now and both sides shook on it now MOVE ON!
    And made sure that SD people kept their jobs at the expense of Inhalations people. Question - how many of the (majority SD) committe are losing their job involuntarily? One for you to suss out.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Right lads,unless ye want this thread closed too, I would stop with this argument,it getting ye no where. I would prefer to leave the thread continue until the new vote has been taken but I will close it if people continue to spread unfounded rumours, its no good for anyone to be honest, its merely speculation.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Right lads,unless ye want this thread closed too, I would stop with this argument,it getting ye no where. I would prefer to leave the thread continue until the new vote has been taken but I will close it if people continue to spread unfounded rumours, its no good for anyone to be honest, its merely speculation.

You're right, it's actually getting pretty boring going around in circles especially when they whole thing will be sorted come Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Chief Wigam

Any update on how today's union vote went?

• Advertisement

Any update on how today's union vote went?

Vote went 250 to 50 r sumtin close enough to that to take the deal so its all sorted now. Thank god! So no strike or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Chief Wigam

Cheers for the update CreamSoda, that god it's all over.

Advertisement